“OK stay, OK location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“OK stay, OK location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The overall experience was ok. This is an older facility and the place was in an older industrial area. To no surprise, the interior of the room was average. Not too clean, but not filthy. I really don't have anything terrible to say about this place, but I would not stay here again unless there was a total renovation.

Room Tip: Avoid the car lot view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jim s
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We don't want to be considered o.k., our goal is to wow every guest. I understand your concern about being next to a car dealership on the one side. The remaining sides are quieter as they face a wonderful neighborhood. I would like to follow up regarding the condition of your suite and the cleanliness that you did not feel was up to par, especially since we completed a major renovation within the last 2 years. We would like the opportunity to make us your number 1 choice in the area. Please contact me if you would like to share your information.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is great for both business travelers who need a home away from home as well as families vacationing in LA. The hotel is very clean and modern. We had a one bedroom suite and our teenage boys slept in the living room area on the sleeper sofa. There was a full kitchen in the living room area. The hotel supplies free popcorn and hot chocolate. Also free was a nice buffet breakfast in a big room, adjacent to the hotel lobby, overlooking the pool. There were bagles, pastries, waffle makers, fresh fruit, yoghurts and hot items like scrambled eggs, sausages and potatoes. Delicious. Next to the pool there is a basketball court and the hotel has basketballs that you can get. It was a very pleasant stay for our family. The hotel is in a business area, so you cannot walk to places. But with a car you are within a few minutes at Manhattan beach and on the other side, Venice and Santa Monica are not far either. Great price for great family comfort near LAX.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room furthest away from the nearby rail.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank worldtraveler61
Hello World Traveler!

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay! I am so pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you enjoyed our amenities! We hope that you and your boys will come stay with us again in the future.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We lived here for a month when we relocated to the US last year. You cannot get wrong with this hotel. excellent staff who would go out of the way to help, nice location: 1 mile from manhattan beach, close to convenient malls, shops, restaurants, very safe location and close to the airport. they had upgraded us to the suite after a week and that was very good. the breakfast is nice and they have socials in the evenings. the rooms are very clean and spacious. ample parking place and free. Loved this place and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank paulrupesh
Hello Mr. Paul!

Wow! We are so appreciative of your wonderful review and we are so pleased that you shared a month with us! My team really enjoys getting to know our guests, especially when you are here for an extended time. That is what makes our jobs so rewarding. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope that you will stop in to say hello!
st louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean hotel...great location!! Walking distance to shopping, eating....beach..it can be quite a trek uphill from the beach...but great walk! Pool area very nice...didn't get to take advantage of the free breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Karen,

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your awesome review! We certainly appreciate you taking the time and I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy our great facility and location. We are close to LAX and yet walking distance to dining, shopping and a healthy walk to the beach.

I certainly hope that we get to see you again on future travels to the area and that you will join us for breakfast and our social hour!

Tucson Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,767 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

After 5 days at the Disneyland Hotel, we moved over to Manhattan Beach on May 5th, and stayed there for 3 nights. Check out time at the DH was 11 am, and it did not take long for us to drive over, so we showed up about 3 hours before check in time. A lovely room was found for us right away, and we could unwind and relax.

From the outside, this Residence Inn looks like a bunch of beach houses, and it fits right into the beach cities setting. Inside, it's a surprise, as the upscale décor reminds one more of a penthouse interior. The couch, chairs and bed were very comfortable, and we had a most pleasant stay. We were in Building 7, which is towards the end, so we could not hear any street noise, even with the windows open. It was very quiet and nice. Sepulveda is a most busy street, and luckily for us, we did not have to enter or leave it at the busiest times.

The location is excellent with Manhattan Beach right there, and Hermosa and Redondo Beach almost next door. Lots to do there, including exploring the piers and eating in those quirky seafood restaurants close to the Pacific Ocean. Shopping and movies are also close by.

We have stayed at some Residence Inns, where the breakfast was really a cheapie sorry situation. (Phoenix) Here, we enjoyed the breakfast choices, the good coffee and the seating, which was plentiful and comfortable. Also, there are real china dishes (not Styrofoam) and real metal eating utensils. So, you definitely don't feel like this area is a fast food place.

The staff is SUPER nice. When we arrived, I needed a form printed from my iPad. Krystal at the front desk took the time to do it for me. Because of other issues, it was not that easy, BUT she got it done. Met the friendly manager as we were checking out, and were delighted to chat with her.

Definitely a place to return to.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with windows open, or are a light sleeper, the back buildings are far from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NYU62
Dear NYU62,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your wonderful review! I will certainly share your experience with my team. The staff is always excited to know when they have exceeded our guests expectations. I'm pleased that you reviewed our complimentary breakfast as they do put some extra TLC in what they serve and how they present it. I am very thankful to have such a wonderful team that takes care of our guests.

Please let me know when you are planning to return and I will personally set up your reservation and your room location for you.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel has often been my home away from home this year. I enjoy the pool, and I always ask for a 2nd floor room because I sleep lightly if I hear feet above me. I am a frequent business traveler (approximately 3 weeks each month) and this hotel is not new, but it is well maintained.

Breakfast is actually one I can eat each day during my stay--I like fresh fruit and they have plenty. Wi-Fi works great and the staff is helpful.

A short trip to the airport too, even during peak traffic hours.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if you prefer quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear PQuiet,

I wanted to thank you for your continued patronage and your wonderful review! I'm so pleased that we are your home away from home! Getting to know our extended stay and repeat guests is what makes our jobs so rewarding. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding our breakfast. We do try to change the offerings up a bit and definitely to include healthy options as well.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

First time in Residence Inn, I do not prefer staying in LA Downtown or near Beverly if I am not for business. Manhattan Beach is ideal to rest and close to airport.

As we arrived to LAX about 6pm, It only took 20mins to reach there, but all the rooms were checked-in already. Rooms are large enough and have all the amenities you need to prepare food like refrigerator, coffee machine, dish washer, kitchen utensils, etc. If you traveling with your family rooms are great for staying in Manhattan Beach. Store's like Macy's, Target, Whole Food's are nearby places.

As it is quite in the rooms, you can choose top floor rooms to have more privacy and daylight. Ground floor rooms do not have enough daylight. Free car park, free breakfast and free wifi are perfect to choose for. Variety of food are limited which can be increased.

We did not used pool or hot tub but if you travel with kids they will love it. You can also cook your own food on poolside barbecues with your friends together.

Overall, we'd stay here again on our next visit to LA.

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor which is not near Toyota car dealer and far from N Sepulveda Blvd.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple