“A memorable vacation, made even better by the Sea View staff!”

The Sea View Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
“A memorable vacation, made even better by the Sea View staff!”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I had researched this trip for a month and couldn't find a better deal within miles. It was the first time to the area for me and my son and we were on a limited budget. I orignally booked two nights in a basic room, but after the first night we decided we wanted to spend the whole 8 day trip there. We moved to a deluxe room which had a great balcony where you could hear the waves. We had a corner room, but did not hear any noise from the street. Very comfortable room with kitchnette and clean. The maid found items we left in the first room and made sure we got them. The staff was what made the stay so great. I asked questions about local attractions and they would look up things on the web for me, even loaning me a map. We took avantage of their free beach towels, beach chairs and even bycyles. They even had beach toys for kids. If I ever make it back to the area, I will gladly stay there.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank shelleycrooks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I spent two weeks recently at The Sea View I'm from Australia and travel to LA regularly.If you stay at The Sea Veiw and you are unimpressed then you are absolutely impossible to please.The staff are accomodating the building is immaculate as are the rooms and most of the rooms have spectacular ocean views.I was overjoyed with the manager James as nothing was a problem for him and I was greatful of an upgrade after staying my first week.The courtesy push bikes are a cute idea and a fantastic way to utilize the beachside cycleways.If anything I write this reveiw reluctantly as I feel The Sea View is a "gem" I'd like to keep all to myself but The Sea View deserves kudos and compliments and I truly can't speak highly enough of the establishment.
Thanks
Stephen Barr Sydney Australia

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank stephen_barr
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I was looking forward to staying at the Sea View during my recent vacation, but was a little concerned based on some of the reviews I read here. I booked an upgraded room facing the ocean, #206. It was huge, very clean with an ocean view and the price was less than $175. per night. The mattresses were excellent as well.
The hotel is in a great little area just a few blocks from the beach, with some nice little places to eat nearby. it is also only 10 minutes from the airport.
We used the bikes to ride along the beach and it was a wonderful experience. The staff were always friendly and helpful to us. There is even free parking right below our room. I honestly can't say anything negative about our stay there!
My particular room was wonderful, but I noticed that many of the rooms face towards Highland Avenue, which could be noisy around rush hour. If you are worried about noise, then spend a little more for a room facing the ocean on the opposite side of the street, like we did.
We really liked the Sea view!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank thestanman
seaviewinn, Manager at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Thank you for your review.
You stayed in one of our Deluxe Rooms on the Ocean side which does have a nice partial ocean view. You can even hear the waves hit the beach!
Glad your stay in Manhattan Beach was a great experience and hope to have you back in the future.
Best,
El Paso, TX
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is my second visit to this hotel. The hotel is not on the beach but is as close as you can get. In Manhattan Beach. You should also be aware that the hotel is a mile north of the pier. With that said the hotel is very clean, has great balcony to see the ocean and sunset (you have to pay a little extra). They also have free parking which is worth a lot in this area. We just take a cab from the airport and bring our bike, but they will give you a loaner for a couple of hours. There are a few close places to eat and drink. The staff are great, helpful and friendly. If you enjoy walking or running this place is great. This is a simple but clean hotel. Nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view, it's worth the cost.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rogerdavie
Thank for all the kind words.
I agree, if you are from a place with no ocean view and for the $10 difference to have a full ocean view if there are 1-2 person visiting, the full ocean view Standard Room is worth the price at $150.
Have a wonderful Summer and hope we may see you again in the future.
devon
Reviewed 26 April 2011

we enjoyed our stay here. The staff were helpful and freindly.
The room was nice, but the bathroom was miniscule!
It did smell very strongly of bleach when we first arrived but that did seem to disappear.
Loved the free hire of the bikes. The beaches are beautiful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tina B
seaviewinn, Manager at The Sea View Inn at the Beach, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Thank you for your review.
We do use LYSOL CLEANERS which are the best on the market for disinfecting everything.
We;ll keep the door open next time to air the rooms out for you.
Have a great day,
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The pictures on the web make this place look great. The room really smelled bad and the bed was lumpy and the sheets were dirty.

As I checked into the room it smelled worse then a farm animal. I spoke to James the head surfer and he came to the room and said to my face “ I don’t smell anything”. He did get a maid to change the dirty sheets and the maid offered me a VABSO! I was completely offended I am not into that.

That evening while I entered my room the smell was worse. I opened all the windows and doors to air out the room and I did not get much sleep because this place is located on a very bust street called Highlands AVE.

James did nothing to compensate me for the dirty/smelly room. If you don’t like someone and you don’t want them to be your friend for long suggest them to stay at the Sea view Inn. They will hate you for it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank poorboyonbench
This review is completely fabricated! I am not even sure who this is since I remember all my guest returning or new.
I NEVER went up to this room or maids said his FALSE STATEMENTS! You say you wouldn't return, BUT in fact I wouldn't allow you to return!
TRIP ADVISOR: if you print FALSE STATEMENTS bu so called guest, then you SHOULD PRINT THIS ONE!!!!!!
Bath, England
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at Sea View Inn at the Beach for a couple of days the beginning of March and I wished we could have stayed longer. The staff are so friendly and accomadating. We had booked an ocean view room but upgraded to a suite because we had been travelling in a camper van for 3 weeks and we were longing for a bath!!, It was lovely. Just a stone throw from the beach. We borrowed their bikes for a cruise along the front it was great. I cannot believe the review from Jan. Before you make your decision I would check out everyone elses reviews to get a fairer picture.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#2 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to The Sea View Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!