“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Powell, Ohio
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This week I was on business travel in LA with an associate and decided to try a new location. I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem. We were greeted with accommodating service and 2 great rooms which included plenty of space and ocean views. Took a couple of bikes and went into town and had a great time. This is not the Ritz but it was very nice and clean and a real bargain considering the price, accommodations, service, and location. I will be back and would not hesitate bringing my family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BCoe55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Livonia, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you are looking for the Hilton or any other hotel with more tan 4 stars and room service then this's is not for you. However, if you are looking for a small roomy place with a great location close to the beach then you have found a gem here. Our room was a bit older but was updated, clean and roomy with a full kitchen, large outdoor deck and living area. The front desk was exceptionally friendly and provided us with all our needs. Free parking and bikes which are a must. We biked all the way to Torrance beach one afternoon. Loved the view from our patio and the restaurants around it were great, especially The Yolk for breakfast. Very small and quaint town. The main part of Manhattan beach is a bike ride away. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the biking. It is well worth the ride.
1 Thank Hende1959
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We've stayed here over the years for the close location to one of the cleanest beaches in So Cal. The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach and there are multiple restaurants nearby. However, if you're looking for a swank property, i.e. the W, Lowes, this is not your hotel. If you want a clean place to sleep, minimal ammenities with a very friendly and professional staff, then the Sea View Inn is highly recommended.

1 Thank LVWOLF
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Sea View Inn on two separate nights, in rooms 402 and 404, which are closest to the beach. The proximity to the beach, sunset watching, and large rooms are pluses. Beyond that, we were very disappointed with our stays. The hotel is located on a busy street, with motorcycles, buses, and cars zooming by day and NIGHT. Sitting on the balcony was not relaxing with so much noise. Both rooms had fruit flies and drain bugs flying around the bar area and bathroom. We swatted more 2 dozen, but couldn't get them all. It was creepy for us and our grandbaby. The furnishings and carpet need refreshing and deep cleaning. We requested a Pack and Play crib, which turned out to be old, dirty and had a collapsed side. If the owners would spend a little more money on this place to spruce it up, it might be worth the $250/night charges.

1 Thank Leslie T
Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Perfect location and view of the ocean from my room/balcony. Only two blocks from the beach and surrounded by great restaurants. I spent 9 days and always felt safe, most days I would leave early in the morning and return after dark. More storage space in the bathroom and closet would have been nice. The shower pressure was fabulous, however in order to remove the hand held shower from the wall I had to stand on my tip-toes (If you are under 5'4" you might need a stool!). Everyone at the hotel was VERY nice and accomodating. The pool is small but private, everything about the place is quite darling. I did think the housekeeping could be a little better, I don't know if they ever vacuumed but in the overall scope of things it was something I could live with. I agree that parking made me a little anxious but there are three different places for the residents to park so I was grateful I never had to park on the street. I would not recommend the little convenience store which is next to the Pizza place ... they are grumpy. I recommend the SeaView Inn, it's very affordable and it's location is perfect!

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get the newer rooms with ocean views and request the 3rd floor for the best view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just spent 11 days at the Sea View Inn, 8 days with my family and 3 days on a girls' trip. Everything was perfect! We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with an amazing view. We loved the convenience of the complimentary towels, chairs, bikes, and boogie boards. The beach is beautiful, and not crowded. Lots of restaurants in walking distance, and shopping is a short walk/bike ride away. James and the office staff were very accommodating, as were Nedi and the cleaning crew. We stayed at the Sea View last year also, and are already booked for 2015! I highly recommend the Sea View Inn for a fabulous beach vacation!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SueLa27
West Covina, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked the last room at the last minute for a quick, beach getaway. Our room was small but very clean. Our tv didn't work, but no matter because when you're a block from the beach who needs TV???
The WiFi was slow and parking is definitely a challenge, especially if you're driving a Tacoma to transport your bikes. We managed in their tight parking lot.
The staff is friendly and food and shops are close by. I recommend bringing your own bike for easy transport through Manhatten Beach.

Room Tip: Room 203 is very small so I recommend a larger one if you are not traveling solo!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to The Sea View Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!