“Don't waste your money elsewhere”

Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent location on/off the freeway. The breakfast is top notch both hot and cold selections. Great movie theater is a 3 minute walk. Great pool. The room is very quiet. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Mike G
STN_3GIRLS, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We do appreciate your business. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed here before and have nothing but great service. We visited Family over the Fourth of July, and decided to stay here again. Big mistake. I looked online for the rates, and decided to call Hampton a Inn directly to book our room. I requested the AAA rate and was quoted $94.05 per night for two nights ( the 3rd and 4th of July). When we checked in, the rate had jumped up. They tried to charge us $94.05 for one night, and $125.00 for 2nd night.

We got settled in our room, all was fine until, that evening we came back to our room after visiting Family. We gave my Great Niece a bath, there was no bath mat in the tub, and she slipped. She is 3 yrs old. We tried to heat up some snacks in the microwave, it did not work. The toilet would not flush. I called the Front desk and asked for maintenance. I was advised the Woman who was working the Front Desk was the only Employee on duty, she was very busy checking a rather large Wedding Party. We would have to wait for a plunger when she was done. Almost two hours later, we got a plunger. We showed her the microwave was not working. She played with it, couldn't get it working either, and then said " oh wow, it's not working. ". "Your just going to have to play with it to figure it out, I have to go." With that she left our room.

Then during the night, the bathroom light would not go on. Knowing there was no one to help, we used a flashlight in the restroom. The bad part if this is we are both disabled, and that made it very difficult. Later, we discovered a " master" switch by the front door that worked the automatic lights in the bathroom.

I reported all this to the "Front Desk Manager"on July 4. . A woman who did not seem to care about all that happened. She said she would have maintenance check it out, but no one ever got back to us. I also mentioned the change in rates, I told her the person at the desk when we checked in said she would adjust the balance, I left believing that would take place. The "manager" on July 4 then tells me that no one is authorized but her to adjust the balance, that it would be done since we had so many problems.as far as I am concerned, her attitude was not professional or helpful. She blew me off and basically dismissed me from the Frnt Desk.

We had an ADA room, since both of us are handicapped. The shower was a nightmare. The shower is a combo tub/ shower with two shower heads. One up high, that did not work, and a smaller one that below that ran on a track, up and down. When the water was running through it, it would not stay pointing at you, it would point to the floor. You had to maneuver yourself in a tub with no bath mat to take a shower.

On July 4th, we left our room after breakfast. We had a long day and returned about midnight to our room, only to discover the room had not been cleaned. The beds were not made, we had no clean towels, garbage was over flowing, and we ran out of toilet paper.

The only bright light was an Employee named Troy who went above and beyond to try and remedy the situation. He should be commended for his suburb Customer Service. When he noticed us entering the Lobby, he immediately came to me and started pushing me in my wheelchair to my room.

When we called and asked for toilet paper, he was very apologetic, brought us toilet paper, bottled water, and fresh towels.

Would I stay there again, probably not. There are just as nice, comparable Hotels in Manteca who appreciate their customers.

Room Tip: If you stay there, bring your own food, already heated, bring your own toilet paper and towels. Oh...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie V
STN_3GIRLS, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for responding . We strive for friendly service, clean rooms ans comfortable sorroundings. We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a one night free stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca for your future travel.
Please contact the hotel directly to confirm your mailing address.
We would love to see you back and experience the service that we excel for. We do appreciate your feedback and loyality for the hotel.

See you soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn twice and would not hesitate to stay there again. Rooms were comfortable and spotlessly clean, WiFi always worked, and breakfasts were quite good. The staff was friendly and professional and any requests were handled promptly. Hotel is quiet and very conveniently located for freeway access, shopping, and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
STN_3GIRLS, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear valued guest, its nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive for excellent customer service and its loyal guests like you that help us strive to meet our goal.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm a business traveler averaging 200+ nights a year in hotels, most of which are with Hilton or IHG branded properties.

This review is long, long overdue. I've been staying at Hampton Manteca off and on coming up on three years. I've been here no less than 40 different times, either for a quick one-night stop or for the week.

I'll basically make this short, simple, and to the point. I stay in a lot of Hampton Inn's, all across the country. When I think of what a Hampton Inn is supposed to be, I think of the Manteca Hampton Inn. Make no mistake, this is a brand-standard setting property.

Everything about the property is immaculate. It's a few years old now, but it's still absolutely immaculate. Every single inch of this building is kept clean, fresh and modern. Everything you would expect from this brand, from the clean and comfortable breakfast area, to the fresh clean linens and beds, to the simple design of the hotel itself, and the outstanding customer service from everyone working here....it's all here. And it's consistent.

There's little touches that make this property stand out even more than usual, too. The bed placement in several of the rooms is unique, against the wall at the start of the room facing outward, which I think personally makes for a much better and far superior room design to the average hotel room.

Want to splurge, except not really, since the rates are already totally reasonable as it is? Get one of the the Hot Tub/Jacuzzi suites. Huge, spacious rooms with the jacuzzi tucked into the corner. Awesome.

The staff, especially at the front desk, will get to know you if you're a regular and treat/greet you as such. I even got congratulated when I first made Hilton Honor's Diamond tier - "You were gold last time you were here, weren't you? Congrats!"

Bass Pro Shops, which is an experience within itself, is right down the sidewalk. Want to catch a movie? The movie theater is right behind you. Subway, Frozen Yogurt, Red Robin, and a few other options are right next to it.

Again, everything combines to make this just a fantastic property. Most importantly, the experience is consistent, every single time. And quite honestly, once again, Hampton Manteca is the benchmark standard to which I compare all other Hampton properties. Fantastic job!

One last note, though, to the property rep responding to reviews...with your property user name already being a little unique as it is, it's slightly off-putting and robot-esque to be slapping the same "Thank you for responding, We love having you here" line on every single positive review response. You might want to consider personalizing it just a tad each time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bounty8111
Terry P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear valued guests, how encouraging to receive such a gracious report from a loyal guest. My team and I work diligently to accomplish the Hilton brand goal, to lead in the hospitality industry by providing a consistent product, and to be "The Light" of the world. I wanted to personally take the opportunity to THANK YOU for your generous comment, and to reassure you I personally do read the Trip Advisor comments every day. Your opinion matters, it enlightens us, and provides an outside perspective on our progress, additionally it enables us to improve on areas that need special attention.

We appreciate your dedication to Hilton hotels, and realize you have a choice for lodging when traveling. We are privileged to learn our location has made a lasting impression that will sustain your loyalty to our hotels for many years to come. We sincerely THANK YOU, and look forward to serving you again soon!

Terry Pierce
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff is professional, the room clean and roomy, the exercise room generously equipped, TV monitor included - rooms were roomy, and many choices for breakfast, including egg omelets. Well insulated, quiet rooms, calming, attractive decor. I was on a road trip in June from Washington State to L.A., stayed at two other establishments during the 8 day trip. The Hampton was a standout from the others.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
STN_3GIRLS, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for responding. We love having you here. See you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A very nice hotel with a friendly staff. Room size was generous and furnishings were very nice. Breakfast was good with lots of variety. Quiet location and pool & jacuzzi appeared appealing, although we did not use them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
STN_3GIRLS, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for responding. We love having you here.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in Manteca before going to Yosemite -- room and hotel were so great (one of the cleanest we've ever experienced), we decided to stay a second night. Coming back from King's Canyon National Park, we decided we probably wouldn't find a better hotel and returned for a third night. The desk staff were friendly and helpful about finding a place for dinner. The breakfast was delicious and provided different main dishes each day. Would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that there was only one washer and dryer for guests to use.

Room Tip: We were on both the second and third floors and both were quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for responding. We love having you here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteca
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manteca - Ripon
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca? Share your experiences!