“Vegetarian friendly”
Review of Angelano's

Ranked #50 of 172 Restaurants in Manteca
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Wonderfully friendly people here...I do take-out only.
Eggplant parmesan is very, very good...Baked penne is good, too.Thevegetarian eggplant is a treat!
We buy quarts of minestrone for dinner..
Try the specials...price is low and the food is full of flavor.
For a non-pork lover, I must admit to swiping bites of my husband's Boneless Pork Chop with peach bourbon sauce, roasted garlic potatoes (which they will prepare without dairy for me) and fresh vegetables..it is sooooooo yummy.
Tell them Mrs Jimbo sent you!!

1  Thank mary b

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went to Angelano's for lunch with my parents, who have been going there for a while now for lunch, dinner, and takeout. The waitress was friendly and efficient. The lunch sets start at an incredible $5.99. I ordered the imambayildi, baked eggplant topped with feta cheese. First the waitress brought us a basket of warm bread and whipped butter. Then my soup arrived - a creamy New England clam chowder with finely chopped clams and a side of oyster crackers. The eggplant was served with spanokopita, a Greek spinach and cheese pie, and a thick and soft yet crispy slice of garlic bread. The other orders included chicken fettucine alfredo from the lunch menu and pasta primavera from the regular menu. All were very good; the vegetables in the pasta primavera were just right - still slightly crunchy.. Although we were full, baklava and a Greek walnut cake were beckoning from the dessert menu. The very generous square of baklava (the largest I've ever had at a restaurant) was delicious and not overly sweet. The walnut cake, topped with whipped cream, disappeared right along with the baklava.

The decor leaves one confused about the restaurant's image, but the food makes it worth a visit. Angelano's also has a banquet hall at the back of the restaurant.

Been to Angelano's? Share your experiences!