Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Good for an overnight stay. Gave it 3 points since the bed spread was dirty/stained and I found an earwig in the bathroom. Other than that no complaints. Remodeled rooms are nice. Breakfast was ok. Husband said pool was "ok". Looked kinda cloudy to me.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you, smoore19, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced in your room. I am glad you liked the renovated rooms and that your husband enjoyed the pool. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to our area.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very good location by freeway access. Not sure what was "plus" or executive about this place. Suite style room with two queen beds was decent size. Not totally clean or well maintained. Water flushing issues. Yucky breakfast. Add a second waffle maker. That's all that was decent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, LionTamer2013, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. Our hotel is under renovation to add all of the amenities one would expect while staying at a PLUS property. We will be adding a fitness room as well as expanding and making a much larger breakfast area. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future to see all of the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good delicious hot breakfast and amazing waffles! Delicious coffee as well. Nice surrounding places to shop and a very convenient location as well. The room was very clean, the tv channels were great, the shower was amazing and the coffee (inside the room) (from the coffee pot) was DELICIOUS!! Better than Starbucks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you, Patricia D, for your excellent review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I was pleased to read all of the good comments. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the breakfast and coffee. I hope you will stay with us again next time you come to our area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were looking for an overnight hotel, when we came across this one. The loo in the first room had pee on the seat (seriously) and the bathtub was dirty. We got another room. In that one the shower didn't work and the tub was dirty too. They only had 2 rooms with 2 Queen beds, so they cleaned the bathroom of the first one and we switched back. There still was toilet paper with brown stains.The ventilator +light didn't work. The light in the bathroom switched off coz of a motion detector that didn't detect me while having a shower. There wasn't enough towels. We got a 20$ refund, but that didn't make the experience much better. Absolutely no recommendation. The employed slender young guy with the glasses was absolutely great. His female colleague switched the room, but seemed to be annoyed. Comfy beds. Big parking lot.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you, Chumani, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable and you had such a terrible experience. We have done more training with our entire staff to ensure other guests do not have this type of experience. I hope that you will be willing to give us another shot if you return to our area and see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was as my wife called it, "the hotel from hell." We stayed there for three days (June 22nd - June 26th) and the room service left much to be desired, towels face cloth etc., there was no electricity in the wash room so an electric razor was out of the question; fortunately mine has the battery, and could plug it in at another outlet in the room, coffee had to be made by plugging into a lamp in the room which featured outlets in it and we were directed by one of the maintenance personnel to do so, that he had to call an electrician to trouble shoot the circuit. Of course the electrician never showed up and over all it was just a very bad experience. I think Best Western should look into this place and get it straightened out. To all readers of this, I have one suggestion; Don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Impossible; they're all pretty much alike and one even had the wall smashed in by what appeared...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JerryD409

Thank you, JerryD409, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I am very sorry that your three day stay was not enjoyable. We have since hired new maintenance technicians and are focusing on making sure our guest rooms are in working order and enjoyable for all guests. We have been doing additional training with our staff and are focusing on improving each day. I hope that you will be willing to give us another opportunity to serve you if you ever return to our area.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

When we arrived I was greeted by an argument with the desk clerk who said I couldn't sign in because the reservation was in my husbands name. This has never happened to me at any other establishment. When we drove around to find our room we were greeted with piles of sinks taking up the parking spaces in front of our room. The next morning when I went to take a shower, the shampoo and condition was half used. Additionally, dust from the top of the ledge of the tile fell into the tub. The ceiling fan also dropped dust. The bedspreads were grease stained.
When I brought this to the attention of the manager, he offered to switch our rooms. We were upgraded to a suite - (not suite by any other hotel standards - two beds and two tbs separated by a half wall). As I walked in there was a beer bottle cap in the middle of the floor, and the lamp had no light bulb in it. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, Deb H, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I apologize that you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We were mid renovation during your stay which was why there was a pile of sinks in the parking lot. We have since removed the pile of sinks and have almost completed our guest room renovation completely. We have also been doing additional training with our staff to ensure our guests are getting clean working rooms as well as great service from all of our staff members. I hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this place every time we went up North to Oregon. Over the years, we have seen this place going down hill and this visit takes the cake.

To begin with, when we got there, there was no room for us and was told that we had to wait. So we went across the street to get some Mexican food and that was ok, even though we were not terribly happy. Then everything went down hill from there.

When we got the room, we were placed right in the middle of the remodeling. After driving 6, 7 hours, I wanted to take a nap, but the hammering and drilling was so bad that I could not fall asleep. On top of that, I got quite a few flea bites (Wonder when was last time they washed the linens.) The room faces the parking lot, where there were about six huge trash bins right across the parking lot from the room, and there were flies flying around. Every time we opened the door, we got flies in our room.

The lights in the room are controlled by the motion detectors. Every time we sat still watching TV or sat at desk for a while, the light went off. The worst part is that the bathroom light is also controlled by the motion detector and cannot really detect the motion when the shower curtain is closed. The light went off in the middle of my shower and I had to get out of the shower in the dark to turn it back on, which is a safety hazard.

The room is supposed to be non-smoking, and yet there's a ash tray right outside of our room and our next door neighbor was smoking right there, and we could smell the cigarette smoke in our room.

The breakfast was not so great either. While they were the usual complimentary breakfast items, the pastries were stale.

When we checked out the next morning, my husband mentioned the noises and the front desk staff did not seem to care. I did complete the company survey that was sent to me and did receive an apology email and offered me a 50% off for next visit. I replied the email to ask if I could get 50% refund for this visit instead, since I do not believe that it was worth of what I paid, but I never received an answer.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, floatingsoul, for your review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn & Suites. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. I do understand how a hotel going through renovations can be upsetting to guests. We only work during day hours to provide a quiet hotel for our guests at night. The bins you were referring to in the parking lot were actually storage bins containing new furniture; we have one dump trailer that contains all of the trash from the remodel that is hauled off to the dump very frequently. We are renovating our hotel so we can provide a good product for our guests. I hope that you will consider giving us another shot in the future once our renovations are complete. The discount you were offered on a future stay still stands and I hope that you will be willing to use it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteca
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manteca - Ripon
Hampton Inn & Suites Lathrop
Motel 6 Manteca
Motel 6 Manteca
#4 of 5 in Manteca
Best Western Palm Court Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!