“Pretty Good!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Newark, California
“Pretty Good!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just wanted to offset any bad reviews. I have absolutely no complaints about anything about this place. The only thing is that there was a homeless guy hanging out around my car and the dumpster when I woke up. Other than that, the room was a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank TonyVanLe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Modesto, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We have used this America's Best Value Inn many times for meetings and the hospitality is great! Henry and Nancy (owners) are so very helpful making sure are needs were met for the meeting. I would highly recommend them seminars and meetings.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank degrinch1
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We are an elderly couple and my husband is handicapped. We booked a handicap room and unpacked our things and then left the hotel to visit relatives nearby (the reason for our stay). When we returned we swiped our room key card and it didn't work. Then the door opened and a total stranger told us our room had been changed! We went to the front desk and they said these other customers had reserved the room and they made a mistake, so they moved our personal belongings into another room without our knowledge! Later, prescription medicine and some other items (left behind in a drawer) were brought to us. The hotel manager would not budge with any type of discount or compensation. We travel the world and have never been treated like this. This hotel does not deserve your hard earned money. Find another hotel - we sure will!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Marie D
henrypatel, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for your comments we appreciate your taking the time to post your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while a guest at our Inn. We use your comments to evaluate our services and provide additional training for our employees. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Manteca hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Well, it's an America's Best Value, so you shouldn't expect the Ritz-Carlton. Room was clean, beds were comfortable enough. Place has a pool, but alas, I never had the opportunity to use it.

Plenty of places to eat just down the street (but don't go to the Chinese buffet just on the other side of 99, it was gross).

Breakfast consisted of cereal, some fruit, oatmeal and WAFFLES! That's right, I said WAFFLES. I had waffles every morning, because I really dig waffles. Then I'd slap some edamame in the microwave for dinner. But I'm easy to please.

I'd be more than happy to stay here again (better the devil you know).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jeffari-al-texani
henrypatel, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your thoughts are important to us and we appreciate your business. Customer feedback always helps us to evaluate our product and services.
Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Staff was nice. Room was clean. Nothing really sticks out special about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jaac04
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 4 May 2009

i was very pleased with this hotel. I found the room very clean and was well organized. The staff was very helpful and made my trip enjoyable. I was very pleased with the hot breakfast and the swimming pool. I recommend this hotel to anyone visitng around Manteca and assure that you will find what you are looking for. The location is also great with the hotel being not to far from the Yosmite park and was fairly close to the airport in Sacramento. This Hotel is a must.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank marinajacobs54
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I booked this hotel based on other reviews here. It seemed to have pretty good reviews all across the board. Other travelers seemed happy. Usually, this is a good indication of how the hotel really is. I've booked other hotel rooms based on good traveler reviews with great results. However, this time, those reviews did not match what I observed to be reality.

This place was not clean. I knew I was in trouble the minute I walked into my room. It smelled a little funny. I could hear EVERYTHING through the walls, and all the traffic on the nearby, noisy highway. If that wasn't bad enough, the bed itself was absolutely filthy. I don't normally inspect my hotel room bed this closely..... but I could tell something was wrong here:

The bottom sheet was sloppily thrown over the mattress pad and not even tucked in. I lifted up this sheet to inspect what was underneath and the mattress pad had stains all over it and was covered in various people's hair. The bedspread look old, worn and dirty. I stripped that off immediately. This prompted me to look even further, I pulled back the pillowcases on the pillows and they were also dirty and stained. The bathroom was old, outdated and not super-clean either. I was actually afraid to use the toilet, or touch any of the fixtures with my bare hands (and I'm not even a hypochondriac!)

I was so upset that I actually sat down (not on the bed) and cried for about 10 minutes. I had pre-booked this place online and had passed the time-frame for a refund. I felt trapped. It was late at night and I was a woman traveling alone in an unfamiliar area. After a 5 hour drive, I didn't have the time, resources or will power to find another hotel. So I thought I would just bite the bullet and get through the experience. BAD MISTAKE.

The creepy bed was the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. It gave me lower back pains so bad that my feet started cramping at about 1am. People were coming and going from the hotel all night and I could hear everything. Furthermore, I never felt safe, comfortable or secure here. I couldn't relax at all and therefore was only able to sleep for about 2 hours that night. Finally, at about 5:30 am I was so upset and frustrated that I actually grabbed my car keys and went to my car. I locked myself in, and stretched out in the back seat of my car. FINALLY I felt relieved and comfortable and slept one of my hours in my own car!!!!!!!! I would have been better off spending the whole night out there in my vehicle.

That is how bad this "Comfort Inn" is. Trust me, you really are safer in your own vehicle than you are in this place. This place was not worth what I paid for it. I wasn't happy until the moment I checked out and drove away at 7am.

• Liked — Leaving it.
  • Disliked — The Bed, it was the filthiest I've ever seen.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank samarpana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteca
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn Stockton East/Hwy 99
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
Motel 6 Manteca
Motel 6 Manteca
#4 of 5 in Manteca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manteca - Ripon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!