“Confustion when booking on line long wait”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Confustion when booking on line long wait”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

WE arrived on Sat pm after 1pm and clerk could not find our reservations. After calling two different people, he told us sorry lost the reservations, though I had paper work with me plus confirmation. He than said since so much difficulties and the wait(over 8 minutes) he said he would give us a discount rate of 74.12, I signed the sheet with the rate and agreed to that. Also, ran my credit card across the machine that left info on the front of the sheet I signed. His name was Daniel, he also, said Sorry for the long waiting time and confusion. Had to ask for towels and blanket, no blanket in the room, though usually extra pillow and blanket are usually in the closet. Did not notice until Sunday morning that there was one coffee packet, and one creamer/sugar that was opened, did not use was not usuable, I did tell Daniel this when checking out on Sunday morning. I brought the keys down and was told to wait while he checked out the room, I asked why, he said he has to. After waiting again for 5 minutes, he returned said everything was ok and proceeded to check us out. He said ok done. I said I would like a receipt, he printed one out, I than noticed that 92 plus was on the receipt, I asked what happened to the 74.12, which I agreed to pay and he gave us the day before, he said found your reservations this am and had to charge that. I also, asked why the check on the rooms, his explanation was that some people leave the keys and stay in the room and leave their belongings. I said we brought the keys back, both of us are here, doesn't make any sense. I have never, in all the years that I traveled for my government job and then since retiring, have ever had anybody make people wait while they check out the room. We have decided, since the rate was changed, without even telling us, I appreciated the discount for the wait and confusion in trying to find reservations, totally a shock when it was changed without even telling us. I had to ask for receipt, normally given on checkout and the room being checked was really a shock, felt like we were being singled out for something. I noticed another person before us checking out and Daniel did not leave to check out the room. So my husband and I, we travel throughout the US, decided we will not stay at any of your hotels. We were totally dissatified with the checking in and checking out and the lack of standard supplies for the room. We will be traveling to Manteca, ca in the future, but wont stay at your hotel and I have already told quite a few people about your hotel, I am not alone on complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nelliee25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Novato, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Right on Hwy 120, a block from Hwy 99, so good location. Staff is very helpful, rooms about average, so is pool. Standard free breakfast, cereal, juice, coffee, sweet rolls, waffles if you want to wait in the line for them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DC_Padrin0
Lethbridge
Reviewed 15 May 2013

A very good price and it's fine for a night. All the basics you need for a night. the front desk was very friendly. Very good price! The walls are thin though and you can hear others. Not a huge deal though if you are sleeping. They have the necesities you would need.

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My Husband and I have visited Manteca many times and stayed at this hotel almost every time. The last time we visited Manteca and stayed in this hotel it was Comfort Inn, but then the name changed to Americas Best. We were a little scared to return to this hotel because of a previous experience we had at another Americas best in a different location, but decided that we should give this one a try since we were quite familiar with it. And I'm glad that we did. We received the same comfort and gratitude that we had experience when it was Comfort Inn. The name change did not effect the hotel in a negative manner at all. The staff was really kind and catered to all our needs and requests. The couple that manages the hotel was also quite kind and helped us with our car problems with such patience. The pool and spa were also great. Another thing that we thought that would change would be the breakfast, but that was also good. They still had the delicacies such as hot waffles and eggs as they did when it was Comfort Inn. All in all, our stay was enjoyable and we know that we will never doubt this property again, as it is perfect for our requirements.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Elizabeth J
Hagerstown
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just looking for a place to stop-over for the night on the way to visit Yosemite National Park and we found this "gem" by total chance. The cleanest and best-maintained mid-priced hotel I have ever stayed. A real added bonus was the friendliness of the staff. I would HIGHLY recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Michael S
Stockton, California
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I use this property for travel shows. There meeting room is excellent and the price is right. When I had people come to town for a funeral or event I use this property also. Everyone I have booked here has enjoyed it. The owners have pack jammed as much as possible in here for the guests. It has a small area where you can have free breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Most of the rooms have appliances so you keep some food and beverage items and even heat them up. Finally lets not forget the gym area. There is even a computer to use in the lobby area. The value is fabulous for under $100! The location is great; right off the highway so you can quickly reach any of the surrounding towns and on the route to Yosemite. Ihave used this property on multiple occasions

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank sheilaws
Newark, California
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just wanted to offset any bad reviews. I have absolutely no complaints about anything about this place. The only thing is that there was a homeless guy hanging out around my car and the dumpster when I woke up. Other than that, the room was a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank TonyVanLe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteca
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Manteca
Motel 6 Manteca
#4 of 5 in Manteca
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manteca - Ripon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!