Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
US$115
Travelocity
US$67
US$73
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Adequate facility though a bit dated. Nice breakfast with many choices. Very clean eating room. Friendly front desk staff - Ernie and Nancy.
Little disappointed with pile of trash in the vending machine and laundry room area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Patricia f, Director of Sales at Monterey Beach Dunes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is the feedback from our guests that let us know where we are succeeding and also the areas we need to improve. I hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised to find a motel by the ocean (not ocean view, but just behind the dune which is still very close) for such a good price. I thought I would have to pay $100 or more to get that. Theresa was willing to work with us since we committed to a whole week and they both took into consideration the event, a funeral, which is what our family members were coming into town for. Ernie was the perfect host, showing us a room, inviting us and other family to join the party staying at the hotel for use of the hot-tub. They were very generous, kind and hospitable! I would definately stay there again or recommend it to all my family and friends! :-)
And to think that the low price they offered included a full breakfast every morining! A great deal!

Room Tip: The one queen bed room was clean, had a microwave and frig and very nice. There was a full breakfast room and hot tub!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2013

After parking near the dunes access to walk, we decided to take a chance and stay even though some of the reviews weren't 100% satisfactory. The lobby was cool and inviting with staff that warmly greeted us. We enjoyed the breakfast, late check out and fact that Ernie offered a free program to stay additional nights if we returned two more times. The wifey was happy, laughed with Annie upon check out who made us promise we'd be back

Room Tip: don't believe the bad publicity
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deangelo T
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this location before we decided to switch hotels. The rooms are clean but very outdated! I felt like I was staying at a motel 6. The price for such a room is outrageous and we got a much better deal at the Holiday Inn. In addition the breakfast was mediocre and the hot tub was luke warm. Otherwise if you want to be close to the beach the location is good.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I recently stayed here and I left my Ipad in the room, when I went back it was gone! I spent most of the next morning talking with the manager and filing a police report. The manager, as well as 3 other employees said there was only one other person in that room and that was housekeeping. They called the housekeeper and she said she had not seen it. Manager said that was all they could do. I notified Choice hotels and they said it was independently owned and could not help. I received a letter from the company owning this particular hotel and they said they checked their 'coded" keys and said it was used once by me and once by housekeeping. They said I am very sorry for your inconvenience but there is nothing further we can do. They didn't even have the decency to call me to discuss this matter. So much for standing by your guests! I would not feel safe staying somewhere who does not protect and stand by their guests. I have always stayed there while in Monterey but from now on I will staying next door at the Best Western, better service, rooms and breakfast!

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Best Western!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends