“Loved Our Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monterey Beach Dunes Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
auburn
“Loved Our Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My name is lorie gregory me and my family came to Monterey for the first time We injoyed our stay very much the staff was great and the manager was very nice and helpfull in accommodating for me and my family. Im a hotel manager my self and know how it gets when you are a full house the rooms were nice a little small but thats because we had 6 in our room not the hotel fault, the spa my kids really loved that and the ocean was just a walk away very quit at night and just really injoyed my self i will be back and i will stay here again Thank you so much to the manager i never got her name but thank you and to the staff good job, oh and the breakfest lady she was awsome and so kind.

Room Tip: Bottom Floor is nice ill will be on top floor just for the view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Was Sad When We read Review. in Our Country We Know Bad Reviews Come From You Who Want FREE stuff....

Our Stay Was Good. Great BreakfasT Great Spa Great Beach GreAt staff . We Come From GermanY And Only complaint Is That It Was Cold Otherwise We Will Be Back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank crosscountri
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were greeted with a smile and management was very helpful and accommodating. Our room and linens were clean. Breakfast was good. Great place to stay for the price. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Monterey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We checked in early, so I didn't want to complain. And realized after reading reviews, this manger really doesn't care about her paid customers experiences. The bathroom toilet looked like pee was sprayed all over; the floor was filthy, not vacuumed in god knows how long; shower so dirty we bought $2 flip flops and the water goes from hot/ cold on moments notice; the pillowcases had makeup smudges on them, as if they weren't changed, or the industrial washer isn't working. They lock up the hot tub like nazis, so you can't take a quiet dip in the morning ( opens at noon!) I plan to file a complaint with the BBB due to how awful this place was. No point in trying to get my $200 back for a Saturday night. The only good thing about the place is when you are not there and walk to the beach across the street ( no views though). I think that is how manager justifies her awful management of a horrific motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sixnewcastles

Travellers are raving about these Marina hotels

Madera, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We got there very early,but they moved things around and got us a room right then,the room was very clean,especially the bathroom. The breakfast was good, they had my favorite buscuits and gravy and a whole lot more.We will stay again. Thank you.

Room Tip: be patient ,people tend to be noisy and slam doors at night, but that is not the fault of the Hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Aliso Viejo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Whether I stay budget or premium, the only hotel feature I require is internet for client communication/follow-up. I booked hotel confirming they have internet. Upon check-in, the clerk advised internet is spotty at best. Turns out, 'spotty' means extremely slow (which is OK for my needs) and cuts out every 5 minutes or so.

Manager said she'd reset routers and talked about how the weather effects the property's wireless system (the resort across street and Best Western next door don't have weather-related wireless issues). manager said that's all she could do and I informed that I will call Quality Inn corp for them to assist the property (property manager wasn't too keen on that suggestion).

Thank goodness Corp customer service understood my concern and confirmed "high speed internet" was advertised. Corp managed to get property to switch my room to a hard wired connection - why didn't the property manager do this in the first place (and no, that's not a room upgrade).

No honesty, no integrity here.

To be fair and balanced, the hotel is superb location and everything is nice per price scale the property competes. Throughout the internet experience, the manager kept a professional demeanor and was always professionally polite.

However, when manager changed my room, she said "I hope you understand..." I had to tell her no I don't understand as the internet issue is a known issue and the hotel chose not to do anything about it.

Disappointed and angry.

Room Tip: Ask for 'hard wired' internet room, bring an ethernet cable (hotel has no cables).
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve_O115
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We paid 90.00 plus tax per night for two nights for the July 4th holiday. You would think that for this area it's a deal, however, it depends on your experience. You may encounter some of the issues that we did, and as mentioned in some of the other reviews. I will begin with the Pro's:

Pro's
*location is great (next to beach and very close to Monterey and Carmel)
*room very basic but ok
*free coffee in the lobby
*free breakfast was good with a variety of food
*shower, toilet,and floor in our room looked new
* we were able to sleep ok
* ironing board and blow dryer in room
* Kula's restaurant across the street was good

Con's
*upon arrival, a stain that looked like blood on the mattress pad could be seen through the thin sheets
*on the 2nd day, our room was NOT cleaned by the maid (It looked like they started but left. The bed was partly made, but the pillows were thrown on the chair. The bathroom was NOT cleaned.I had to call for clean towels from my cell, not the phone in the hotel room. The woman at the front desk did not apologize about the room. She only said that she would tell the manager. Also, she expected us to pick up the towels. Fortunately, someone brought them to us that evening.)
*advertise high speed internet and WIFI but NO internet in our room and WIFI very weak (We mentioned it to the woman at the front desk and her reply was that she had the same issues.)
*advertise microwave and fridge in rooms-(They were not in our room.)
*telephone in room didn't work (told me that you have to pay to have it turned on-NEVER heard of this)
*coffee maker in room looked gross (we did not use the free coffee supplied in the room)
*breakfast room was so small that only a few could be in the room at one time- (We sat at an table outside in the cold, because there were no tables available in the breakfast room. The next day we drove to the nearby Denny's instead, because it was a hassle to get to the free breakfast. We didn't want risk sitting outside again.)
*you could hear every sound outside and in the room next door (lots of kids outside running on the third deck)

We will try a different hotel on the next trip.

Even with all of the CON's, we made the best of things and enjoyed Carmel!

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor, as it's probably a little quieter than the other two floors. Make sure to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bboopgirl7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina

Been to Monterey Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!