“NOT at the BEACH” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Houston, Texas
“NOT at the BEACH”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Website advertised hotel to be "across the street from beach". Yet there's a resort across the street and we couldn't find the beach on a cursory walk. The room is about the quality of a $130 room yet we paid about triple that to be "across the street from the beach", but couldn't find it!. There was NO "Quality" , nor value for the money we spent. Clerk couldn't tell me if hotel was east or west of hwy, poor knowledge of location. About 8-9pm there was barely a dribble of water for my shower, but seemed to have fair pressure in the morning. Manager had me complain to her boss about poor value for the $400+ We paid and manager was nice. Her boss was inconsiderate about the poor, misleading advertising. I told her we were NOT at the beach when we "crossed the street". She had to give me directions to find the beach, "from the driveway, turn left, go to the stop sign, turn right and that road will dead end into the beach". Those directions don't make it sound like the hotel is across the street from the beach. (tho it's 5min.walking distance) I'm sure I'm not the only person who's complained about the advertising/price and I don't think Quality Inn intentionally wants to mislead its customers, but they stood behind their advertising and wouldn't budge off the $400 charge! The location advertisement should better convey the truth. I attached videos and photos. The video where I drove to find the beach was TOO LONG to post. It's a 2 minute drive or a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank JoAnn V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Warren, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel is located 1 block from a BEAUTIFUL Pacific ocean beach which will blow you away. that is the best thing that I can say about this place. The lobby is cramped and unappealing, the rooms look old and tired, the breakfast is ok but located in a VERY cramped small room and the price is astronomical (+$200 a night.) The beach made it worthwhile. It does the job for a day or two--that's it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Enjoyed a terrific 3 queen suite. The manager was overly gracious and had many suggestions for dinner in the area. Breakfast was hot and delicious, just the way it needs to be to help wake up weary travelers. Recommended A+++++

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Emily checked me in and was very nice and helpful! Hotel was older but clean. The pool on the website is not a pool, its a huge spa. Very clean and nice. Heard a noise outside my room, investigated and found a big coon going through trash. Daughter loved it got great pics. You can walk to the beach from here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was a great little find. Located outside of the craziness of Monterey, this hotel is walkable to the beach. It has a hot tub, breakfast room, and wireless. The accommodations are not fancy, but they are clean and neat and perfect for a vacation when you are spending your time exploring all of the wonders of the Monterey coast line. The hotel's manager is a gracious hostess with lots of tips for enjoying the local area. She couldn't have done anything more to ensure that we had a pleasant stay. We stayed here for 5 nights and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The price was right. The location was phenomenal, and we were on vacation to see the coast, not the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I took a summer road trip that included 25 hotels so I am rating each hotel to pay it forward to others for helping me chose my hotels. I am a choice hotel Platinium member for years. This hotel rates a 'D'. Black Feet (our term for unclean carpets that leave your feet soles blackened). Worst and nastiest front desk lady I have ever met in 100's of hotels. She ripped into us several times for the choice points question and it is her fault- the fault is this hotel- We are not interfaced with Choice hotels and you have to contact them yourselves to get the pts. Big hassle and she blames the customer. No elevators- great 3rd floor room for hauling luggage to. No refrigerator. Old TV. lamp in corner, decoration, no plug near it. Breakfast in an old hotel room, 20 people eating in a closet, now that was fun. Sticky - hot mess at breakfast. I stayed in hotel not far last time but it is now the Ramada I see. I would beg for that and run from this mess. The front desk nasty lady needs to check out, along with the long-term people living there. Oh and I forgot, you have to park in every opposite spot. Some idiot made the parking spot lines too close. Please tell me you do not have a car larger then a smart car, it will be dinged for sure. And the price is high.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 2010Timmy

Travellers are raving about these Marina hotels

Valby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

A little worn down and could use some new paint and carpenter work. Nice location though within walking distance of the beach.

Staff is nice, rooms are clean but not that spacious.

The breakfast is standard for this chain of hotels. Doughnuts, white bread and cakes. I would not mind some more healthy options but this goes for all us motels.

I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina

Been to Monterey Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!