“Great stay”

Motel 6 Monterey - Marina
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best motel 6 stays I've had. The hotel has been recently updated and the rooms were nice. I stated two nights and had no problems. Clean rooms with working air conditioning. Flat TV with good reception. Only downside was having to pay for wifi. Location is good, right off highway, near a walmart, fuel, and beach. I recommend a stay here if you're looking for a cheap nice stay. Can't beat the price!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel L
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Monterey - Marina

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Cheap, noisy smelly rooms. The smell of cat and dog urine. Tv gets limited channels. One bar of cheap soap. Walls super thin, toliet ran most of the night. You can hear when others take shower starting at 5 a.m. Get coffee early or you miss out. NO BIG DEAL ANYWAY. Fecal matter pretty much all over and urine. Some shaddy looking people and cig butts all over. Remodel done in cheap material. Room just did not smell clean and bring your own blanket due to you will be frozen come dawn. Look else where price always changing not lower but HIGHER and for what I dont get it. $80.00 for this you got to be joking. Try calling desk and it will just ring. Desk folks have additude problems, so dont ask. You are lucky to get 3 towels and they look worn and feel scatchy. This place sucks! I want be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Nickolas1955
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I know Motel 6 is a "discount" Motel chain but I was still expecting more. The room was so small 2 people could not walk past each other in the room. Absolutely no ammenities. No blow dryer, no iron, no dresser, no closet, nothing. Didn't have anywhere to put things. It was very inconvenient as we stayed 6 days. We did have free wifi (because of AARP) but had to go to the office each morning and get the pass code.

We had to ask them to come and empty the garbage and bring clean towels, they never showed up to clean the room or to do anything. One day they left a hose laying outside of our door and they left it for 3 days. We had to tip toe through it each day. They didn't move it until we called and complained.

When we first checked in there was no light in the bathroom. We had to call the front desk to get someone to come and put a light in.

Tried to take a nap a couple of times but people working at the hotel were yelling back and forth to each other all the time. Plus, the sound of saws and drills was deafening. (They were remodeling I guess).

This motel leaves a lot to be desired. I would have given them a terrible rating but the beds were at least comfortable. I will never, ever stay at a Motel 6 again. I'd rather spend a little more money and be comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Family and I arrive Saturday evening, maintence guy checking guests in. Line to get into lobby reaches outside into parking area. Maintenance guy checking in guest to the motel. Manager no where to be found. People who made time to make a their reservations find out that people are already staying in their rooms. That is exactly what happened to my family!!! We check in get our key and go to our room we find out ou room has already been checked out. We finally meet the manager and I speak to her and she tells me that she had a staff problem. No housekeeping!!!!! She is out trying to clean rooms half decent to accommodate guests. My family made reservations for two days. We had to go search for towels, our room was never cleaned or vacuumed, and the manager didn't seem to care one bit. Never again Motel 6!!! For premium paid for the room and experience my family had to go through their is no excuse. Please don't leave the light on Tom!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank VinobearCab
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Monterey - Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear VinobearCab,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the check-in and housekeeping issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here three nights in August 2013 as part of a tour of the Coast. Reception area was clean. Rooms very clean and quiet away from the road. I would have given this Motel 6 five stars if it was not for the fact that every piece of grass was covered with literally HUNDREDS of dog messes. I had a dog with me and actually took him to a piece of waste ground next door to do his business as I could not find a clean place for him. You could not even have walked on the grass without looking at every step you took. I know people should clean up after their dog and I always do, but Motel 6 should make sure that they clean this place up at the end of every day. There are enough people looking for work I am sure!!!! I love that Motel 6 welcomes dogs, but this was ridiculous - I have never seen the like of it. When I got home, I called the Corporate Office and made a complaint. The girl apologised, but I never heard anything further. Otherwise a really nice stay. There is a nice courtyard and the building is an unusual design and very attractive. There is a really good Denny's just close by you can walk to. Had breakfast there twice and dinner once. All very tasty. Good place from which to explore the Montery Peninsula and Carmel area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GoldenSong
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've stayed at many Motel 6's but this one was truly unique.The GM,Mrs.Borba was super nice,and was always taking care of her flowers,and shrubs on a beautifuly arranged patio.We even had pizza on a table outside our room.the price was low concidering where we were(8mi from Monterey).Would have givin' a 5 but a little differcult to find at first.Be sure to hit the local beach to watch the "humpbacks"check this one out for yourself when in the area.thanx David/Cheryl sargent

Room Tip: Book EARLY as your close to Monterey,Stay on 1st level on patio level
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PUPPYPUP
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Good choice for visiting Monterey and Carmel. It's an ok place if you plan to spend one or two nights while visiting California Coast. Close to Monterey and Carmel. and way cheaper than hotels on those cities. Rooms acoustic isolation are not very good. If you happen to get a noisy neighbor it's gonna be disturbing.

Room Tip: I always go for the ground floor so I don't have to carry my wife's luggage upstairs. As usu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KitesurferBRA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
#3 of 9 in Marina
Sand Castle Inn
Sand Castle Inn
#1 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Motel 6 Monterey - Marina? Share your experiences!