“Nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent one uneventful night here which was quite pleasant. Room was large and everything worked well. There was an exercise room and sauna which was a nice touch. Breakfast was good, service was friendly. The hotel is conviently located off highway #1 however if you stay here you will find that there are few decent places to eat which might be a good reason to visit nearby Cannery Row or Fishermans Wharf.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bkirkatl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I had spent the last 5 days in a so-called resort cabin. The cabin was satisfactory, but the bed was horrible. We got to the Comfort Inn, Marina, and had our first good nights sleep in 5 nights. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The shower was nice with plenty of hot water.There was no problem with the Wi-Fi. The staff was very friendly and while we only had a couple questions about the area, they knew what they were talking about. Breakfast was a typical Comfort Inn breakfast, tasty and plentiful. The waffles are always welcome. The room rates were right in line with other Comfort Inns we've stayed in. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJ L
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a very average hotel. The price was high, but average for the area I guess. (We paid $35 less for a wonderful suite at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Bakersfield the next night.) The room is not very big, nor is the sink/counter area outside the bathroom. Staff is not memorable. Breakfast has some variety, but not memorable. Went to bed and looked up to see a trail of dead ants in the corner that had obviously been sprayed but not cleaned up. Ick.
This is very close to the Monterey area and all it has to offer, which is nice. There is a Walmart across the road if you need anything. Luckily we had no trouble checking in or out like some reviewers have mentioned.

Room Tip: First floor is loud
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed here one night, called the front desk to ask if the room was available for the rest of the week and was told yes and asked if I would like to extend my stay. I told the guy I would call back while my family and I were making plans. However, we decided to stay closer to attractions we wanted to visit and I went down to check out. I was asked if I was going to stay and I told him no and proceeded to check out. The next day there was a charge on my credit card for $324.41. When I called with my bank to get the charge off, the lady Shaniece lied to my bank and told them I told the man at the desk I was going to stay. Why would I check out if I were going to stay? Didn't make sense and since it was so empty at the hotel, I guess they are willing to scam whomever they can! I wouldn't stay here for lack of trust. Not only that, they never apologized for their error, she acted as if I were bothering her while I had to call for two days disrupting my family vacation. She wouldn't even give me the name of the person who charged my card incorrectly. They can use some customer service skills. There are just as nice or nicer hotels closer to the city, I wouldn't waste my time!

Room Tip: The lady who checked me in wanted to charge me more than what I was quoted when I called and prices...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Marina hotels

Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed their for 3 day and when i went I was not happy staying their. The people at the front desk was not helpful nor go the extra mile to do anything. The manager had a bad attitude also. The food was nasty the eggs tasted undercooked, and the lady that made the food wouldnt help you on how to make the pancakes. And as we checked out and as i gave them the card they didnt ask if I enjoyed my stay or anything they just took the card, and said bye to me. Also when i tried to talk to the boss they claimed that they had a costumer and put me on hold for about 15 minutes but when i went their was nobody their. You guys might want to second guess this hotel. I didn't like my stay at all

Room Tip: Dont waste your money
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Covina, California, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn with some hesitation because of some of the reviews, but I needed a place to stay while making a unexpected trip to visit my daughter who attends CSUMB. I was pleasantly surprised that the lounge was clean and the attendant was very professional, courteous and friendly. My room had two queen size beds, which were clean and very comfortable. My daughter ended up staying with me during me visit. The room faced the street and it was noisy from the traffic, but very clean and well manicured. My one negative was that the room did not have a DVD player. Were disappointed but used my daughters lap top to watch movies. The morning food was acceptable for the price of the hotel and the workers were helpful. I am staying again, this week when I travel to pick my daughter up for summer break.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 25 April 2013

While planning accommodations for my son's wedding, we found this hotel with moderate rates. We chose to stay for a weekend with the bride's parents. The lobby was very dirty and had worn-out furniture. But worse yet, was the body hair and food on our bed sheets. They had not been washed even though the beds were made. The manager would not give us a refund for the dirtiest hotel room I have ever seen!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in a clean bed, choose another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gayle W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!