“Steer clear on this hotel !!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marina
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Bad customer service. Front desk guys are creepy. Front desk men one looks like a chinese... He looks at my girl friend's behind. Then, another front desk caucasian guy looking at my girl friend's behind. They are so creepy. Beds have sperm stains. Toilet so filty... Urine stains on toilet bowl. Feces stains on toilet seat. Made me trow up. We had to find clean hotel minus Creepy front desk men.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank customer6346
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stay here to visit relatives in Marina, but would probably choose this location to visit Monterey as well. The price is much lower than those in Monterey and the hotel is clean and comfortable. There is a state beach just a 10 minute walk away in the beautiful dunes. It's only about a 8-10 mile drive to Fisherman's wharf and Cannery Row.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed there two nights because we could not find a hotel last minute in Monterey. I wasn't sure what to expect because the reviews did not seem that good on any of the websites we looked it up on. So I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. The lobby is nice and welcoming. We stayed in an extra large queen room and it was a really big room, compared to the regular rooms. My five year old had plenty of room to move around and being 3 people we were not cramped in there at all. The breakfast was just ok, nothing special. My only complaint is that the temperature control in the room didn't really work. The room felt very stuffy or very cold. There was no really in between. The beds were comfortable, no complaint there. The rooms were nicely decorated, very clean and the bathroom was large with a large vanity top rather than some hotels that have a pedestal sink or small vanity top. The towels were large and soft. The staff were very accommodating and courteous. It was a 10 minute drive to the aquarium and Cannery Row. It's nothing special, but for a night or two, a decent place to stay at a decent price. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are more than a couple, choose the extra large rooms. There is a lot more room and you won...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stay at this hotel a lot (about 20 times a year). I do it because its affordable (fits my work budget) and because its consistent. There is nothing really great about this place, but never anything bad about it either. The gym is OK for a night or two, but nothing to write home about. Someone else in a review mentioned no water cooler. I too thought that was highly annoying. The breakfast is OK but ive had better at other Comfort Inns (a lot better in fact). The staff is always great every time I come. Never had poor service here. The rooms are always pretty clean and the fridge and microwave in the room are really handy when i have to stay for a few days at a time. All in all I think its a fine place to stay as long as you arent expecting a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights while on a California road trip. We found the room clean and comfortable and no problems at all. The morning breakfast was the usual cereal and toast etc and certainly ok with us. The staff were courteous and helpful when questioned. Close to Monterey and the Bay and right off the interstate. Would certainly stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My problems with this hotel started before I arrived. The GPS took me to a closed road (Reservation Road on which the hotel is located). After looking for alternatives for 20 minutes, I called the hotel and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful in providing directions. I wish this were mentioned on the hotel website. Room was a little small. Beach view is non-existent, you have to drive down to the State park. I was shocked when I inquired about a water fountain after a workout. The front desk person said the hotel has no water fountains and you must purchase bottled water from the vending machine. Finally, on our last morning, the elevator was out and of course we had many bags to carry down 3 floors. Again, front desk personnel really didn't seem to care.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The outside of this hotel was very promising, but the inside was a wreck. Carpets throughout were absolutely disgusting and the wallpaper and paint was peeling everywhere, too. Our room was not very clean....there was some unidentifiable brown marks on the top of the toilet tank (which the washcloths were sitting on top of) so we avoided that area and used the handtowels instead. The mini fridge was a great feature, except is smelled strongly of bleach and so everything that was placed inside of it came out tasting and smelling of bleach so it ended up being useless. The floors creaked LOUDLY and the folks above us were apparently training a circus elephant because the noise was unbelievable. Luckily, we brought a loud fan to drown out noise and it helped.

Staff were young and not great at customer service, but they tried to be helpful and were never rude.

Except for the fact that my reservation was non-refundable, we would have turned and walked right out. We will NOT stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#3 of 9 in Marina
SpringHill Suites Marina The Dunes On Monterey Bay
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!