“Will not be staying here again.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Marina
“Will not be staying here again.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

When we first walked in the lady at the desk was rude when we were asking standard questions about the hotel and the area. The room itself wasn't awful and the pillows were quite comfy but the beds were hard. Not what we were used to. The first morning the hot foods (eggs and sausage) were cold. The second morning they we semi warm and they ran out of muffins/pasteries. The internet was also spotty. Definitely will be staying with a different chain when we return. There are better hotels nearby for the money. It was the perfect location for getting around to Salinas, Seaside, and Marina while visiting family. Near lots of shopping.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked two rooms with passage between the two. I had my daughter in law and six granddaughters on our trip.The rooms had two queen beds in each room so with a total of four beds it was perfect. The staff was great, the room was clean and plenty of parking. The only down side I could see is that it was a bit costly for a hotel so far from everything. The only thing within walking distance was a Walmart, not exactly a tourist attraction. That was the only down side, this was a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JacksBonita
Turlock, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed March 21st 2014 for 2 nights. Family with 2 small children. We stayed in a king suite and the kids slept in the pull out couch in the living room area. The Bedroom was a separate room / no door so we could keep an eye on the kids, each room had a T.V which was great so the kids could watch kids shows while we were watching the other T.V. The room also had a small kitchen area, with sink, micro and fridge as well as a small table and chairs to eat at. Very roomy and comfortable. Very clean. Excellent location - not far from the beach. Will stay again and would give my highest recommendation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darren P
Healdsburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Checking in to this motel took WAY LONGER than expected. Somehow this hotel needs to streamline the check-in process. We stayed here over a weekend with a group of 8 parties. The first room I was assigned to stank like cigarette smoke. As soon as I entered my room, I opened all the windows, turned on the fan to full blast, and left the room for dinner with the hope that the stench would clear. No such luck! So it was back to the infamously slow check-in desk, burning up another 10 minutes. And by the way, the other party who was waiting at check-in was there for the same reason as I -- to switch rooms because of cigarette stench, which aggravated somebody's asthma! We did switch to another non-smoking room, which was this time odor-free. But really? Can't they re-designate those stinky rooms to "smoking?" We all know that cigarette odor will be retained forever in a room, unless all furniture, drywall, carpeting, and furnishings are removed and replaced. Nevertheless, once I was situated in a new, stench-free room, all was good.

On a positive note, breakfast was good. They have the waffle machine to which you add waffle mix, wait 2 minutes, and voila! -- fresh waffles. They have decent scrambled eggs too.

Room Tip: The stinky room was on the third floor, north wing,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taste P
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice quiet location with nice rooms for the price. Havent stayed in Marina before but found it to be more my style compared to busier (and costlier) Monterey area. Only about 15 miles North of Monterey but the town is more laid back and much smaller but also more modern and convenient. When I am in the Monterey area again this will be one of my first choices. The hotel seems to be out of the way but I actually found that to be a benefit overall.

Room Tip: couldn't say, only stayed here once but I was on the second floor and had no issues
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here after a day traveling through San Francisco. We checked in later in the evening and had no issues. The room was a little small, but was clean and in good repair. I believe there was a free breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of it. First thing in the morning I walked across the street to the walmart to grab some snacks for the car trip down PCH, then after using the free interenet in the lobby to verify some directions, we headed to Carmel for breakfast at Katy's Place. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again some day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Bad customer service. Front desk guys are creepy. Front desk men one looks like a chinese... He looks at my girl friend's behind. Then, another front desk caucasian guy looking at my girl friend's behind. They are so creepy. Beds have sperm stains. Toilet so filty... Urine stains on toilet bowl. Feces stains on toilet seat. Made me trow up. We had to find clean hotel minus Creepy front desk men.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank customer6346

Travellers are raving about these Marina hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Marina
Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!