“It's so,so”

NAK Won Korean BBQ House
Ranked #27 of 64 Restaurants in Marina
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The food was ok but the service it wasn't good in my opinion i won't go back again

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I love Korean food, but haven't had it very often in the Monterey California area. We had seen several reviews of the Nak Won Korean BBQ House in Marina that described poor service, but wanted to give it a try anyway. We went on a Saturday night, and when we arrived we were pleased to see that only a few other tables were occupied, so we expected service wouldn't be a problem; but things went downhill from there. While we waited to have our order taken, the restaurant started quickly filling up with Korean customers, and very soon the place was full--and we still hadn't been waited on. We finally flagged down a waitress and put in our orders for bulgogi and bibimbap, our two favorite dishes, and then waited a half an hour with no service, no drinks.

I eventually got my dish, but nothing came for my wife until finally a waitress came and realized she hadn't been served--and offered to bring her a different dish, kalbi, which she said would be available quickly. We said yes, and the meal came, but without the lettuce leaves that usually accompany that meal, and which other tables were getting.

The servers were friendly and apologetic, and this restaurant is clearly authentic, with food that reminded me of the time I spent living in Korea. But the poor service convinced us that when we have a hankering for Korean next time, we'll try someplace else.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

service slow and confused, price too high, food was sort of ok

1  Thank cymbidian
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Went to Korean BBQ House for dinner early on a Saturday evening. Meal started off with a tray of small bowls of kimchi, sprouts, etc...not sure if this is standard with every meal or with the type of meals that we ordered. Goal was to try their Korean BBQ and the waitress suggest the sliced BBQ over the BBQ on the bone. She also suggested a fish plate. Was not impressed with either meal - BBQ was not tender (not expecting American style) and the fish was just average. The BBQ was about $20 and definitely not worth the cost. Glad to say that I tried a new restaurant but will not be back.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

My husband and I went here for date night on a Wednesday. It wasn't very crowded and all of the other patrons were Korean. There was only one server, and she was busy. She visited our table 4x: to give the menu and get our drink order, to bring the drinks and take our food order, to bring the food, and to bring the check. My husband had chicken and I had a seafood bowl. They were both tasty, although my seafood bowl was a tad bland. Our appetizers were traditional and yummy.