“Exactly what's expected from a Marriott”

Marina del Rey Marriott
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A classic Marriott hotel, in a great location, right by Marina del Rey Beach, with Little Venice and Venice Beach just around the corner, and of course the marina itself. As for the hotel, it’s what you expect from a Marriott - good rooms, good service, reasonable pricing for the value, and you get a good night’s sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff P
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are fortunate to be in such a great location with so many things to see and do near by. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was here in August for a wedding and decided to make it a small vacation. I found the hotel and the surrounding area to be terrific. The hotel was well laid out and always kept meticulously. The front desk was helpful and very friendly. In addition, all supporting staff was wonderful and always friendly. The pool was a great place to relax during the day and the bar and lounge area was exciting at night. My room was spacious and cleaned daily. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone that wanted a positive experience on the West Coast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

I'm thrilled you had such a pleasant experience at our hotel. I appreciate your comments and hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's a shame that my otherwise pleasent stay was clouded by the rudeness of the valet staff. It seemes like a few of the valet staff have NO business being in the hospitality industry. Some basic customer service skills will go a very long way.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I appreciate you bringing your experience with the valets to my attention. I'll be sure to speak to the team and share your thoughts with them. Again, thank you for your stay and I hope you will be back again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is only a 10min walk from Venice beach. A solid hotel with great service. Great views over the marina if you can get a room facing in that direction. Not too far from the airport.
The hotel is better than photo would suggest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view out over the Marina. The view is worth it, particularly at sunrise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy the spectacular views that the marina has to offer. I certainly hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for several weeks while we were settling into the area with work and it was wonderful! We were in a suite with a livingroom area and a bedroom, very high up, and it could not have been better. The staff was amazing and there are so many restaurants and the beach nearby. It's a busy little area and parking will really cost you -- and it's valet-- but we loved staying here for such a long stay. Great hotel, great location. A bit pricey but worth it. King bed the whole time! A rarity with Marriotts anymore, but it was a suite so that's probably why.

Room Tip: Higher up for sure -- in a busy area. The suite with the livingroom area is wonderful!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. There is definitely no shortage of things to do and see around our location, which attracts many people to the area. I appreciate your comments and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I was here for business.
It's conveniently located $20 cab ride from airport , and about $16 to Santa Monica. But to get to downtown LA , it would be really expensive ! Maybe $60 can ride ? I took a tour and they picked me up right at the hotel for $5- def worth it.
Great restaurants within walking distance. Venice was about a 10 minute walk.
The people working in the driveway were excellent !! Always friendly , professional and courteous!
Also, whenever I walked in, I was always greeted and welcomed back.
However, the girls at the front desk were not as informed or as friendly.
Not rude, more clueless then anything.
The pool was ok. It's not as serene with the street traffic whizzing by.
Just a concrete setting with traffic noise.
The glow lounge was very romantic and nice to sit out in at night. Fire , ice, and water definitely hit all the senses there.
The food was mediocre to poor. Just not the quality of food you'd expect from a Marriott brand.
Eat at the restaurants along the docks , across the street instead.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay and regret you did not enjoy the food or the pool. I'm glad you were able to find so much in walking distance, indeed we are very close to Venice and Santa Monica as well as the Airport. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll be back.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a great hotel with good amenities, and close to many great things to see and do. It's only a 10 minutes taxi ride from LAX, and its then a 10 minute walk to Venice beach, the canals, and the amazing shopping/restaurants at Abott Kinney.

I've never eaten in house, but there are lots of restaurants nearby also. Perfect for a city rendezvous.

Room Tip: Facing the Marina, you get a great view of the boats/yachts.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest, thank you for staying with us and for telling us about your stay. Other travelers will certainly benefit from your tips. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Inn at Venice Beach
Inn at Venice Beach
#10 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Marina del Rey Marriott? Share your experiences!