We were on a stop-over on our way to Australia and we had a full day in LA, so figured that we would venture up to Marina Del Rey so we could enjoy the stop over a little more than the LAX Marriott (where we stayed on our way back when we had basically just time to sleep). What we realized is that it is super close to the airport and such a great experience.
- the staff are professional and courteous
- hotel isn't as busy as the airport one, less commotion in the check-in, concierge, lobby area.
- we were given an excellent room on a high floor with water views
- room service was good
- downstairs quick snack options etc. great.
- outdoor fitness. Put on your sneakers and just go walking along the water. Or, apparently you can rent bikes, which would be a good idea for reaching a pharmacy or whatever.
- our flight departed at midnight, we were able to get an extra late checkout at 6pm for a fee, less than another full day. So customer friendly.
-inexpensive cab ride away from airport.
- close to Santa Monica for dining/shopping.
- a strip mall behind the hotel (access out back door) with the basics you might need.
Negatives: none really, it met and exceeded our expectations. Only being ignored once by the valet when I went outside to request a taxi. A little annoying, but won't hold it against the hotel. He was in a deep conversation with another guest, I figured he could have at least acknowledged me, but he just pretended I wasn't there. Finally another guy came out and off I went.
Shopping: There is a mall in the area but not worth the cab ride. I'd go to Santa Monica instead. Everything is really close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come explore a brand new hotel experience at the Marina del Rey Marriott in the heart of one of the most desirable coastal communities in Southern California, and surrounded by nearby Santa Monica, Venice and Playa Vista. With our brand new lobby, inviting outdoor lounge and spacious new guest rooms offering panoramic views of Marina del Rey, Southern California coastlines, along with city and mountain views of the entire Los Angeles basin, you'll find that our hotel is the perfect location.Located just 4-miles north from Los Angeles Intl airport (LAX), 3-blocks from the beautiful sandy beaches of world-famous Venice Beach and 2-miles south from Santa Monica shopping attractions, our hotel offers easy access to a variety of Los Angeles area highlights, in addition to providing access to over 30 restaurants within walking distance, making our distinctive location an ideal meeting and social destination while offering everything you need to relax or conduct business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marina del Rey Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey