“Nice Hotel, Good Lobby and Good rooms”

Marina del Rey Marriott
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Nesconset, New York
“Nice Hotel, Good Lobby and Good rooms”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here and enjoyed the rooms and lobby. This is a great location with access to all in the area. Just what you would expect from a Marriott- nothing more nothing less. The lobby has a nice area for drinks and dining.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are grateful for your compliments. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This Marriott is in a good spot. It is in Marina Del Rey, but you can walk to Venice Beach pier via Washington. Take in all the hip grittiness of Venice and then walk back to the Marina, look at the boats, get a bite to eat and enjoy the water. Across the street (Admiralty) you can rent a kayak or a paddle board--or park your yacht. And there was some type of farmer's market in the parking lot as well. The Ritz Carlton is right down the street, but why? This is reasonably priced and is closer to the ocean. The room was immaculate and cleaned with efficiency each morning, regardless of when we left--without fail.
I think the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on--and I've slept on at least a thousand. The gym was spotless and had just enough well-maintained equipment--but it was in the basement--should have had some type of view considering the surroundings.
Food was passable. The breakfast bar was average, but the wait staff and the host were excellent. The host spoke with me and remembered me the next morning. There was a nice bar right at the center of the lobby and an outdoor lounge with comfy seating and mini fireplaces. There is also a very small pool and jacuzzi where you can sunbathe or eat--it's right on the street level so not quiet but very well maintained. I noticed outside there always seemed to be someone smoking--when did that happen in LA? Oh well, I haven't been here in awhile...
Anyway, if you're looking for a comfortable well-priced place to stay in a good location, this is it. Oh, and it's very close to LAX. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms that face north have a marina view and the pool is just below.
Green Features: if you leave towels on racks or hooks they will not wash them to save water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The location of our hotel really allows you to access all areas easily. It is really nice to know that you got the chance to do so.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are grateful for your compliments to our staff. They are what makes our hotel a truly memorable place to visit!
NYC
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I preface this by saying I was bumped from a property in West Hollywood during a time when the city hotels were sold out. It feels like a business hotel but doesn't have a real business center to help facilitate much business. The front desk is however helpful when they aren't busy. Valet was fast and the restaurant and lobby bar were appreciated at the end often day. Rooms were huge, bathroom super spacious, but no mini bar?! There's a Cheesecake Factory and Chart House within walking distance. The weird thing was despite the business hotel feel it was full of vacationers.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are grateful for your compliments to our staff. They are delighted that their endeavors are appreciated by our valued guests.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My overall review is more a 4.5 than a 4. I was here for a business seminar. My only minor critisms were that my room stayed a bit hot and that the workshop was in a windowless room on the lower level (dissapointing considering the pretty location). If rated on service alone, however, it would be a 5, as the staff was very friendly and accommodating, be it the front desk, the bar, or concierge service. Also 5 star is the location that is within walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed July 2014
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are grateful to you for bringing such matters to our attention. It is through responses such as yours that enable us to continue to make improvements to our facilities. Your recognition of our hotel staff is greatly appreciated. They are always ready to accommodate the needs of the guests and they are what makes our hotel a truly memorable place to visit!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have now stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times and have never been disappointed.

The staff are all lovely and the hotel is in a great location. I've been fortunate enough to always be given a Marina view room and on this recent trip I was staying two lots of 4 nights interspersed with another trip away and they even tried to give me the same room on the second check-in!

The free wi-fi in the lobby is brilliant and although the pool is tiny it is a nice area. You are well situated for the beaches and it would always be my first choice when visiting LA.

This time I hired a car and I have to say the valet price of $34 a day is ridiculous! They told me I could take it in and out as often as I wanted but with the tipping that is mandatory in the States that would soon mount up. My suggestion is that you park your car in the car-park right opposite the hotel that allows you to put it in there for $10 for 24 hours! You can take it in and out as often as you like so long as you leave the ticket visible when you leave it. To me, crossing the road and walking the 2 minutes to the hotel was worth the tens of dollars I saved on valet parking.

I didn't eat in any of the restaurants but I did use room service one day and as always when I have done this everything is beautifully presented and the staff bringing it are really friendly.

All in all I really rate this hotel and give it a big thumbs up :)

Room Tip: Glow bar is open Friday/Saturday so rooms overlooking there can be noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank One-and-Only-Aly-G
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate any opportunity to take our guests feedback, and find ways to improve our facilities. We are grateful for your compliments to our staff. They will be delighted that their endeavors are appreciated by our valued guests.
San Carlos, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have had a wonderful time staying at this Marriott. There is a great lounge with outstanding musicians. You are a few block from Venice Beach. Walking distance to Abbot and Kinney Blvd. LMU is very close if you have a student. Marina is right across the street and we so enjoyed seeing little 3 to 4 year old's learning to surf.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed the live music in our Glow Outdoor Lounge. The location of our hotel really allows you to access all areas easily. It is really nice to know that you got the chance to do so!
Westborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As Marriott's go, this is one of the better Marriott properties I have stayed at. The lobby area is clean, contemporary, and tastefully decorated. The rooms have been recently renovated and are solidly above average. Everything works the way it is supposed to, which is not always a given. This has been the case the last 3 times I have stayed here. What really sets this property apart from the others is the service. These guys just flat out get it. From check-in to the room service to the concierge to the greeters who assist with your luggage, the service here is way above average. Last, but not least, the beds are amazing.

Room Tip: The city view is nice enough, I wouldn't pay extra for a harbor view room.
Green Features: On par with most progressively run hotels. Recycling for cans, bottles and use it more than once towel reminders, etc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CBNOVA
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and are grateful for your compliments. Our staff will be delighted that their endeavors are appreciated by our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for always staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
#12 of 351 in Los Angeles
The Kinney
The Kinney
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Marina del Rey Marriott? Share your experiences!