Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel
US$386
US$363
  • Pool
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
US$314
US$729
US$397
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
US$340
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$283
US$312
  • Restaurant
Jamaica Bay Inn(Marina del Rey)
US$322
US$305
  • Pool
Ramada Marina Del Rey(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$251
Jolly Roger Hotel(Marina del Rey)
US$218
US$212
Travelocity
Oakwood Marina Del Rey(Marina del Rey)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfog hornthe cheesecake factoryliquor storevenice beachyogurthard boiled eggslarge patiocontinental breakfastbath towelswalking pathoverlooking the beachchart houseupper floorbit datedmothers beachfront desk staffenjoyable stay
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is your very basic hotel that probably dates back to the sixties, yet charges like a five star hotel, charging twice the price of the Radisson in Cape Canaveral. Our room was on the lower ground at beach level, and this sounds great, however as your screen wall is tight against a public footpath when you are sitting in your room you feel like the monkeys at the zoo. The bed was not as old as the hotel although had seen many years.
Breakfast was included however the room was simple a converted bedroom with a toaster, microwave, sink and fridge with a few tables and chairs, reminded us of some camp grounds (RV Parks) we have stayed at. The food was fine but the ambiance was missing, a food parcel to have in your room would have been better.
I did think being there over a weekend and hearing the music from the restaurant next door might keep us awake however it seemed to die down about 10.30 pm.

I think the location is great and it is a site ripe for redevelopment.

Room Tip: If you must stay here I would try the rooms at street level facing the Marina. They would at least be more private.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJTravels_12
Siri O, Guest Relations Manager at Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Our hotel is old, but we keep the interior updated and clean. We are not a five-star hotel, nor do we charge like one. You must not have checked the other hotels right in Marina del Rey. Our rates are consistently lower and we offer many complimentary amenities to our guests. All of our rooms have recently had new pillow top mattresses installed. We are sorry you didn't enjoy sleeping on it/them. If you visit the Marina in the future and check the other hotel rates, maybe you will decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in May 2014. We were able to park right outside the lobby and our room on the top floor was spacious, clean and well equipped. We loved the Marina views and the gorgeous sunrises. It's the perfect location for exploring Marina del Rey and it's possible to walk everywhere if you're so inclined. The breakfast was standard hotel fare and perfectly adequate. There are plenty of DVD's and books in the Lobby and the Wifi worked perfectly and was included in the room rate.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a top-floor room facing the Marina and ask for one thats a bit away from the Cheesecake Factory restaurant next door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank col_frome

Thank you for your nice review about your weekend stay at our Hotel. We appreciate your time in posting on Trip Advisor. It's always rewarding to hear that our guests were happy with their experience. Enjoyed the great location, cleanliness and our many complimentary amenities. We hope you come again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Let me preface by saying that I stayed in this Inn before this last trip and liked it. That is why I came back. However, this time, it was undoubtedly the worst inn I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff (other than manager) were the rudest I have ever encountered. Upon checking the young woman at the front desk who was busy "catching up on the paperwork" and kept me waiting 10 minutes before checking me in. After check-in I walked downstairs to my room through a corridor dark corridor to find a room that wasn't properly cleaned. It had a sticky carpet and a few papers that looked like the ones you pilled off a bandaid were scattered on the floor. When I called to report it the young woman irritably told me that he room has been cleaned. She came down and dissatisfied told the maid to vacuum the room but do no more than vacuum.

The furniture was old and dirty and underneath and behind the bed was a whole bunch of trash.

Later I found that I couldn't get internet service. I called the front desk. The man who was on duty told me to come to the lobby and try reconnecting. I walked upstairs with my laptop to find an Asian man also complaining. The man in the front desk was telling him that sometime the service is slow. I told the front desk attendant that I couldn't connect a all. He turned to me and said "It's your computer's fault. Something is wrong with your computer and not our service." I inquired why he telling me that but is giving different information to the Asian man. At that time he said to me "Be quiet. Shut up and be quiet."

On top of that, the beds were uncomfortable and the sheets had so much chlorine that we all got a headache.
I decided to move after the first night. Though the location of the Foghorn is great, it is old, ugly and unfriendly. I moved to Hotel MDR Doubletree by Hilton that is also in the Marina and is so much nicer. It is newly renovated, has a very friendly staff, an awesome restaurant and the prices are nearly the same. I would never recommend the Foghorn to anyone.

Room Tip: Hotel MDR Doubletree by Hilton that is also in the Marina and is so much nicer. It is newly renovated, has a very friendly staff, an awesome restaurant and the prices are nearly the same. I would never recommend the Foghorn to anyone.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Schirete Z

I am very surprised by your terse, unfriendly comments. I checked with the Manager to get his take on your review. He said you wanted an upper room, we had none available. You came. .. early, so the maids hurried with their vacuuming because they were trying to accommodate your early check-in. Everything else was completed. They came back and vacuumed again. Then, against our policy, you had someone bring in two dogs through our back door. The maids reported hearing dogs barking. You were told again there were no dogs allowed and you would be charged extra to handle the cleaning (some people are very allergic to animals). You decided to leave after that. Hotel MDR Doubletree by Hilton allows small pets for an extra fee. The location is definitely not as desirable but certainly better for you with your 2 dogs. Your review on Trip Advisor does not mention the pet situation. Our staff gets numerous compliments on friendliness and helping our guests feel welcome. Sorry if you had a different experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nice friendly staff, we had the top harbour view room with a balcony, comfy bed.
We only had 1 night here and would have liked to have stayed longer.
Great location to the aiport.
Breakfast was fine. cereals, toast, yoghurt and fruit.

Room Tip: Top room would be the best in summer as the bottom rooms have an enclosed glass courtyard and could be hot ???
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Siri O, Guest Relations Manager at Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We hope you had a good trip home; you came from quite a distance. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We receive a lot of great comments regarding our friendly staff, location, breakfast, free parking, proximity to the airport and other attractions.. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Come again and stay longer, if you can..

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice location, right on Mothers beach (has been used in CSI Miami as a Miami double!).
We got a warm welcome on check in and the place has a nice relaxed feel. We had a room overlooking the car park, but would book a harbor view next time if we'd know how good the view is. There are books/DVD's to borrow if you're spending time at the hotel, a liquor store/market at the front of the hotel open until 11pm and a Cheesecake factory right next door.

Self service breakfast was included and pretty good with toast/bagels/burrito's, coffee/tea/juices, muffins/danish and cereal, yogurt and fruit, so pretty much something you'll enjoy. We ate breakfast out in the patio area overlooking the beach. There was also a nice sitting area just passed reception. The public areas are decorated in nice bright colours that work well with the beach theme, but the rooms in comparison are a bit more sombre and basic. The beds were OK, but some money spent on new beds and a lick of paint in the rooms would go a long way to complete a very nice homely place to stay, close to LAX.

Although the room furniture may be a bit passed it's best, everything was very clean and well presented. We were also staying elsewhere in California in a 4 star and 5 star hotel, but the Foghorn is a nice change from the sometimes sterile corporate hotels and is a nice relaxed, easy going place to call home for a couple of days.

Finally, free Wi-Fi & parking makes this hotel good value at this location.

Room Tip: Upstairs Marina/Beach view if you plan to spend some time in room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M4RK_H

We appreciate your thorough review of our hotel. Thank you for your visit and enjoying our many complimentary amenities. You will be glad to know that we have just about completed getting all new pillow top mattresses. We are constantly touching up the paint and décor. During our busy season its hard to get a vacant room to paint or rehab.

Our staff will like your remarks about your friendly welcome. Please come again.