“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #19 of 137 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: J.Nichols Kitchen is woven into the fabric of the neighborhood, providing the forum for power breakfasts, casual lunches or the dinner rendezvous. The staff is unpretentious, well trained and versed in all aspects of hospitality. The vibe is hip but humble; cool but inclusive; contemporary but mindful of their roots. J.Nichols Kitchen recognizes the need for broadly appealing comfort food served all day in a comfortable environment for a good price, where the food is fresh, the coffee delicious, and the assortment familiar and new.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I generally find myself wandering in here sometime mid-morning on the weekend and am always pretty happy I have done so. I am a local and have been here about a 1/2 dozen times. Great place to consider if you are staying in Marina del Rey. Highlights:
- decor and atmosphere
- english muffins - not joking these are some of the best english muffins I have ever had, and sometimes one of the main reasons I end up going here.
- solid little beer and wine list

Lowlights:
- the wait. It's popular.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

What a great surprise when we saw that this restaurant was renovated, and what a big improvement over the past. Interesting casual menu choices and well executed. One of the better choices in the immediate neighborhood.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This place was great, I mean really good. When they reopened I loved the design and the atmosphere, we started coming here regularly, they had these amazing Beignets. . . they were really good, then they suddenly stopped making them. . . we asked why and were told they took too much time to make. . .it was too much effort. . . so we stopped coming. . .

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I frequently stay at the hotel in this shopping center and, after a long business day, I like to buy dinner and eat in my room. This place is one of the very few in this shopping center that's not just basically for sandwiches or glorified cafeteria food (e.g., Panda Express).

The place is very well-designed and has a very nice staff, but the food isn't up to the level of the ambiance. It's not that it's bad, it's just not memorable. I bought food here three evenings in a row (three different dishes) and, while it was certainly good enough, there was nothing I'd crave to have again.

Still, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, and this shopping center doesn't have better choices, IMO.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The food was very good. We arrived between the hours of lunch and dinner. We ordered the pulled pork sandwich, Charred beef dip sandwich and a personal peperoni pizza, 2 sodas and a water. The bill was about $59 with tips. The food was very good and had no complaints. It was one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I've ever had.

The server was very friendly and attentative to the guest's needs. The business has a nice upscale appearance but offer casual dinning as well. i just thought the prices were a bit high but we enjoyed the food and the visit. I'm not a good food critque and not very good at describing food but can only say it was very. I would recommended it and would consider this as a nice place to bring a date or have a business lunch.