“You can't go wrong with Akbar”

Akbar Cuisine of India
Ranked #38 of 137 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great food and atmosphere. I order the chicken tikka, aloo paratha, basmati rice on a regular basis and it never disappoints. I love their food so much I used to have all dates take me there on our first date because I figured that even if the date sucked, I'd at least get great food!

There are newer reviews for Akbar Cuisine of India

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant for the first time. We arrived around 6:00 pm. We were seated and menus were already on the table. The restaurant was not full and there were several open tables but it still took about 15 minutes before our order was taken. We waited, and waited and waited until I was so hungry and annoyed that we had to ask how much longer it would be. The owner came over and said they were a little backed up because they only had one cook. Something he should have mentioned when he took our order because then we could have decided if you wanted to wait. About 10 minutes later he returned and said our food would take another 5 minutes. Finally! The food and naan arrived. While we waited we noticed there were a a lot of orders going out for deliver. it seem like restaurant customers came second to delivery orders They were indifferent to the restaurant customers at best. The food was good but not worth the wait. We enjoyed the naan, the rice with barely warm and bland, vegetable consisted of a couple of potatoes, lentils and green beans. Definitely not worth the extra 5 dollars for the dinner plate. Some naan to nibble on while we waited for our food would have been a nice touch, instead we were ignored the entire 45 minutes we waited for our dinner. We will never go back and do not recommend the third class treatment customers receive.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

good food and the prices were reasonable. But they could work more on their service. I love the old fashioned Coke bottles that they have. Try their Lamb lamb biryani.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I love the food here, it feels so good before and after, prices are reasonable and wine selection is good too. Nice atmosphere just wish it were open longer hours as I would eat here so more often.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Has anyone reviewed that their cheese naan are like, out of this world? It's just sooo good you can't help but have seconds! I'm not a big fan of naans but the generous amount of cream cheese it has was simply satisfying. I think it's like me with the cheese pratas. :)

And how can anyone forget about the Chicken Tika Masala? The chicken was absolutely tender, spicy and flavorful, I wish they could give a little more gravy. I love the chicken from here (I believe it's fresh) but flavor wise, I thought the masala was a little tastier in Salomi's.

We also ordered their sea bass which was one of their specials of the day. The fish, served on a sizzling hot plate, was very fresh, boneless, absolutely tasty with a little spice but not over empowering. I thought this was one the best fish I had in my life! I'm not kidding!

If you're hoping to save on some calories, all I can say is, skip the samosas. But seriously, don't start counting your calories when you are dining here. Just enjoy and savor every bite!