“consistently good with excellent service!”

Irori Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Irori Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 137 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mindanao Way
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We are within walking distance of this hidden gem in the Villa Marina Shopping center between CVS and Pavilions. It is located in the little roundabout. We have been dining at this location since it was Marina East, owned and operated by local Japanese sushi chef. It has changed ownership since then. Some say a couple of times but I am not sure. I am sure that the food is fresh and tasty and the service is excellent! It is always busy so a reservation is a must unless you go on a weeknight after the dinner rush or don't mind waiting. They have a huge selection to suit all your Japanese cravings.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Top notch quality food, efficient, friendly service, and a beautiful menu make this place a winner. Be prepared to sit on the floor; if you have a back problem, sit at the bar, or the server will bring you lumbar support. A little pricey, and worth every penny. Make reservations if you'll be after 6pm or more than 2 people.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Take off your shoes and have a seat! Friendly staff, decent menu, ok prices. Teriyaki was overcooked, way too much sauce and although there were many dishes as part of the dinner, including soup, pickled vegies and sashimi, left feeling less than satisfied. I would give them another try - maybe at the sushi bar. Not what I hoped it would be.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have dined at Irori at least half a dozen times, most recently on March 14, 2014. It had been about a year since we were last there. We forgot how nice of a dining experience it is at Irori. As we went on a Friday night, we made reservations which are essential. The restaurant gets busy. It is kind of traditional where you need to remove your shoes before entering the dining area. You can sit at the sushi bar or on the floor at one of the tables on cushions. They serve typical Japanese food like sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, tempura, and rolls. My husband had the nabeyaki udon and various nigiri sushi (yellow tail, ikura, unagi). I had a dinner combo of sashimi and beef teriyaki which came with miso soup, salad, rice, fruit, and 2 side dishes. The dinner combo was plentiful for $23. With a glass of wine and hot green tea, our tab was about $75 before tip. A very enjoyable dinner. We will be back...definitely sooner than a year.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I live in this area and have dined here many times. Our most recent visit was very disappointing and we won't go back. The food was fine - not as good as it used to be, but still good. But the service was terrible. They (we had two servers) forgot to bring a significant part of our order, and acknowledged they forgot to turn it into the kitchen, but did not apologize. Throughout the entire meal, they ignored empty water glasses and we had to ask repeatedly just to get a water refill, which we received only once. After severely bungling our order and thereby extending our dining time by approximately 45 minutes, they went ahead and added a mandatory 18% tip on the bill after tax (we were a group of seven). As a former food service worker, I almost always add onto a mandatory tip to bring it to 20% to 25%, because I know how important those tips are. However, I did not do so this time because it truly was surprisingly bad service, and it was obvious it was the servers' fault rather than the kitchen. Any restaurant and/or server can have a bad night, but when it happens, they should make some effort to make amends; no one here did that.