“Great hang out joint when visiting LA”
Review of Islands

Islands
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Venice
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great hang out joint when visiting LA”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Love Islands. Great burgers, nachos and beer. Sit at the bar and watch sport on the big screens, chat to the locals, enjoy a Long Island iced tea or a craft beer. Easy going, great value and fun.

Visited October 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Typical Burger and beer Joint”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I decided to drop in to the Marina Del Rey Islands restaurant. Having never been to an Islands, I decided it was time.

The restaurant was clean I was greeted by a server who opened the door for me. I got there before happy hour.

The bar area was the only area crowded when I arrived. Someone was doing homework, a group of four were getting tipsy, ( seemed to be locals. A guy with a skateboard sat near me, he was a tourist.

I ordered the longboard burger, with Bacon and Cheese. It was just ok, not in my opinion worth the 9 dollar price.

I was there for about 45 minutes, using my iPad and my own wireless device. There is no Internet, because I heard someone else ask.

By the time I left, the restaurant was filling with Families, and older couples. They seem to do a brisk business. You almost have to know exactly where this restaurant is because if you blink you can miss it.

The staff was great. Service was good. Food was good, but typical of a burger Place, nothing special.

• Visited September 2013
Cheshire
“Just ok !”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Can't really knock it....but it is just basic food. :-/ great staff and good atmosphere. Smoothies were great though!!

Visited July 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Great tasting burger, even better service.”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Had a nice lunch here after walking around Venice Beach. We had worked up a pretty good appetite. We split the burger that has teriyaki sauce and a pineapple on it. We also got the fries which are really tasty thanks to that Islands seasoning. They also have a shaker of the seasoing on the table that is good on just about anything. We also got a smoothie that had strawberry and coconut. It was a good size for the price and very good. Not sure why you don’t see more coconut in smoothies, but glad they made it here. Our server was extremely friendly and it made for a nice lunch experience. We’ve eaten here before and will return again.

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles
“Oh, I Like This Place”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is part of a corporate chain that I've been going to for over 20 years. They keep improving the menu. What you see is what you get and if you return it will be just the same. There is something to be said for that and reasonable prices.

Visited June 2013