“Delicious, authentic gelato!”

Bonaventura Gelato Lounge
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Marina del Rey
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing gelato! Friendly, knowledgeable staff and free samples of any flavor. My coworkers and I were staying nearby at hotel MdR and visited this gelato shop twice. The gelato is made fresh daily and the flavors rotate. Highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Bonaventura Gelato Lounge

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stopped by with a lady friend for a snack and we were blown away. The gelato was so fresh and flavorful. Paired with a crepe which was equally amazing. Was informed all ingredients are imported from Italy for authenticity. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place has unbelievably good gelato. I live in the apartments nearby and go almost everyday, any it is always great. It is quite a bit lighter than regular ice cream, and the flavors are always spot on. My favorites: Biscotto cookie, brownie batter, strawberry, pistachio, smurf, and on and on!

2  Thank Fatslice
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Went to the store because of a tv documentary about the german family and their new icecream - shop.
Had a little chat and tried the icecream: panna cotta, wow! I can only recommend and advise everybody to go there. To me I was the best ice I've ever had in the US, and in my opinion could easily compete within italy!
It's authentic italian style ice with fresh ingredients.
Mr Bonaventura is a really nice guy and put a lot if work into the shop which is outstanding in LA.
Prices are reasonable for the quality you get!
I will return for sure.

2  Thank aboutquality
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We went to this ice cream shop during our sunshine state tour from San Diego to San Francisco in July 2013. The Bonaventura family became famous in Germany as they emigrated from Germany to Los Angeles area and opened up an ice cream shop. Mr. Bonaventura originates from an Italian family and learned traditional ice cream manufacturing. Traditional italian ice cream is very popular in Germany and well known for its high quality and awesome taste.

We were very curious about their ice cream and the ice cream they make is awesome. It is really creamy and very tasteful. Forget all the major ice cream brands you know which are made in mass production processes.

If you are in this area give it a try. You will not regret it!

3  Thank Jelle1974