“Convivial Meeting Place”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great coffee and service - food good. Have the Marina crowd meets there for breakfast and all day for a very good cup...

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Good breakfast with friendly staff and guests!
Not the cheapest prices, however you get what you pay for. Plenty of locals.

1  Thank Johan S
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was staying near by at a hotel for 3 days. My friends and I happened to pass by it for breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised! I am on a very strict diet (Paleo). So a lot of the stuff on the menu I could not eat. BUT that didn't stop me from having a great breakfast. It's a cozy cafeteria like atmosphere, meaning I ordered my food at one end, then pay at the other end. I have to bring my condiments and utensils to my table (which is great for me). I sat down and within just a few minutes my food arrived at my table. The coffee was delicious and the amount of food just seemed to pile up on my large plate. I ordered 2 eggs,8 bacon, 4 ham and 4 turkey sausage and a large coffee. And whole lot of it came on the plate. WOW!! It was a great breakfast and I definitely got my monies worth of it. It was a very local's vibe with lots of families around. There was plenty of seating inside and outside. And ample parking. I would definitely go back if I was in the area again. I would have given them a 5 star but I wasn't able to substitute all my grains (toast, pancakes) for fruit - I had to pay extra. My breakfast total cost was $15.00 but I could have easily ordered half the amount and paid less too.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was told by a few locals that this was a "must-have" and I was not disappointed. I loved the relaxed atmosphere and outdoor seating. The smell of that amazing coffee drew me right in and it was so good in fact, I bought a bag to take home! I ordered the "half-granola special", which was a bowl of their homemade granola, topped with bananas and strawberries, plus 2 slices of their homemade 7-grain toast and 2 scrambled eggs. I think I spent close to $10 but it was quite a bit of food. Everything was very fresh, including the fruit on top. I loved it. If I am ever in the area again, it will be my first stop!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

When we started asking around about great breakfast places in Marina del Rey, Joni's was immediately suggested. So glad we went there! Amazing food, coffee and the freshest apple juice ever!

We weren't sat down at our table for even 5 minutes when a couple that had lived in the area for 40 years came over and chatted to us and gave us some great ideas on things to do whilst in LA. Definitely worth a visit!