“Two Thumbs Up!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Columbus, OH, United States
“Two Thumbs Up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great rooms. Great staff. Great amenities. Great location! What more could you ask for? We felt very accommodated from the second we walked in the door to the time our taxi was waiting to take us to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Murrieta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great location, near shopping and restaurants. I was there for business and it was close to the event I needed to attend. The hotel overall was nice, clean and the staff was very helpful and fun. I look forward to staying here next time I need to be in this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here just one night following a long flight from Brisbane on a RTW trip and arrived early. Excellent communication with staff and they were able to accommodate us. ALL the staff we encountered at ALL service levels were friendly but professional and our special thanks to Laurie (& Manager Richard), for making our check-in & short stay both hassle free and relaxed! Would definitely recommend. :-)

Room Tip: The only negative was an abnormally large gap (approx4cm) at the base of the door into our bungalow...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We arrived at about 4pm and the room wasn't ready yet. But let me tell you, they took care of us like we were royalty or something. They served us appetizers and drinks from the bar while we waited. They were actually really delicious too. Excellent food. Then we went to our room which I knew would be nice because it was recently remodeled, but it was so much better than I imagined it would be. It was just beautiful inside. We had a Jr. Suite bungalow I think and we loved it. The staff really were amazing in every way. I would go back here in a heartbeat the next time I'm near LAX. I like being pleasantly shocked.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
One of my favorite reviews ever! Not just because it's so positive, but because you point out the staff...they are truly awesome!
We all appreciate your business, and hope you continue to spread the word about our hotel and what we strive to do everyday - which is exceed expectations.

Let me know when you visit us again so I can say hello in person...

Thanks so much,

Dean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for an extended period of time so I booked the bungalow type room since it is a little larger than the standard room and would give me some more space to spread out during my long stay. The rooms are set up outside with their own private entrances with ease of access from the parking garage as well. The room itself was great. You could tell the recent remodel the hotel went through was done with great care and attention to detail. The location is great. Right across the street from the marina and about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach. I was in town for business and had to do a lot of driving. The hotel is located very close to the highway which made it very easy to get around. Usually I have a hard time sleeping away from home and it takes me a few nights to settle in but I felt very comfortable at this hotel. I had some issues with my corporate reservation upon check in but the front desk staff assisted me with ease and helped rectify the situation quickly. The hotel lobby an restaurant are very inviting. I was there during the world series and several us us gathered around the large tv's to eat, drink and enjoy the games. They even keep fresh cookies and flavored water in the lobby! Overall, I had a great experience and rebooked the hotel for another extended trip coming up next week.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable holiday with an efficient hotel. 10 min walk to the stunning Venice canals, 10-15mins walk to the beach & fishing pier, 5 mins walk to Marina. Wonderful friendly & helpful staff, free wi-fi, heated pool, useful business centre, good sized rooms with balcony. Taxi from airport about 20mins. Santa Monica up the road or a 45-60mins stroll along the beach. Loved it all,will be back, thank you HGI

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Snapperlane
Allamuchy, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our three day stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was quite pleasant in all ways. Of course the Southern California weather cooperated but the location to the beach areas allowed us to make the most use of our days. While only a short distance to great dining, both moderate or fine, the Garden Inn itself sports a good restaurant. The breakfast either made-to-order or buffet was fine and the weekend brunch added a few intereting items. The pool and spa area were nice, not great, but nice. The room was large, updated and clean. An important asset is the hotel's proximity to LAX. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The bungalows are the greatest!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#14 of 348 in Los Angeles
Marina del Rey Marriott
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,050 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!