“Best place to stay in Los Angeles” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Marina del Rey, California
“Best place to stay in Los Angeles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed here before but what I like best about staying in Marina del Rey this time of year is the weather and all the events that are happening in the area. There are the concerts in Marina del Rey at Burton Chase Park which you dont enven need to drive to because you just walk across the street take the boat ferry for a dollar and watch a concert for free. Come back to the hotel by ferry and have dessert at the Cheese Cake Factory before you turn-in. There are also concerts at Santa Monica Pier during the week. There are so many things to do but the most relaxing and fun is to rent one of the bikes from the hotel for minimum price and ride to the pier or if you feel adventurous ride to the South Bay about 15 to 20 miles round trip on an easy bike trail along the beach. there is so much to see and do in the South Bay area. Next time I stay I will visit Venice Beach and surf the swell and enjoy the sunset.

Room Tip: ask for the bungalow rooms if you want more room and feel like you are not surrounded by neighbors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stanley F
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Wow! What a great review, as it paints such a wonderful and descriptive picture of the area...

If I didn't work here, I would so come visit just based your feedback! We appreciate you staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon...

Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I took a vacation and decided on the Hilton Garden in. When checking in, the lady was extremely helpful and pleasant. She made me happy that I had chosen the Hilton. Everything was nice and clean and just enjoyable. The only problem was the way the air conditioning worked in our room. It was a unit against the wall, that was connected to the thermostat across the room. Anytime the air went on, it made a clicking noise, that sounded like the door was being open. It was surprising each time the air went on. But overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would easily stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I will also look into the thermostat issue, and my apologies that you had that issue.

Please let us know when you can come visit us again and continue to let us know how we can be better and offer you an even more enjoyable stay!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stopped over here en route back to the UK from LAX. Excellent, attentive staff who upgraded us to a lovely bungalow. The restaurant was also really excellent - great tuna. It was a comfortable 15 min walk to Venice Beach, and a $25 cab to LAX. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Vikzababe
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback and thank you especially for staying with us!

We do hope you'll stay with us whenever you visit the area, and we appreciate your positive thoughts!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was exhausted when I got there but it was a very nice hotel and the staff were very genuine and helpful. Great shrimp restaurant across the street and other close options. Few minute walk to beach They also have an onsite restaurant which looked good but I was too tired to try it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for your review and we appreciate the positive comments! Next time you'll definitely have to try our restaurant, as we get lots of compliments on it.

We hope to see you again soon and we wish you safe travels always!

Our best,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

July 5th

After a day of kayaking, my friends and I were hungry! It was about 11am - 1 pm, and we were looking for a good restaurant, but they all had waiting time... except for this place. We arrived here by accident, but our choice was well made.

At arrival, the inside decor was beautifully set up. We ate outside, where we had enough shade and sunlight to enjoy a wonderful day with wonderful friends and wonderful food.

Everything was great and good... then we were served by Samantha.

I was amazed at her customer service skills. As a person who has worked in the service department, I learned a lot just by studying her. She exceeded my expectations, by not only doing her job excellently but taking a step further and relating to my friends and I in short conversations.

As a result of Samantha, I didn't feel like I was at a restaurant or a hotel. I felt like I was visiting a friend, in their home. She wasn't a server in my eyes, she became a friend. In fact I would have been completely fine if she would have stayed with us, gotten a chair and relaxed for a good ten minutes, I wouldn't have minded at all.

All in all, my experience here was amazing, and although we only stopped by for brunch, I left trusting that if the next time I go Samantha is there, I know I will be taken care of.

Because of Samantha helping me, not only have you gained a favorable review, but you have given me the opportunity to remember this place with a good memory of quality service and a good time with my friends.

The next time I come, I won't just get brunch. The next time, I think I'll stay a night or two.

Sincerely, Brian

P.S. I really wish I could have thanked her a lot better in person than I am on here. It was an honor and pleasure to meet you Samantha, thank you for your hard work. If you read this, I just want you to know that God loves you so much, and he pleasures himself in showing his goodness to you. God loves you so so much! Major Hugs!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and I will share with Samantha today! She will be so pleased that you had a great experience and appreciated her service so much!

We do hope you will stay with us soon and give us a chance to show you what a great team we have...they really are a special group.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to having you come visit us again soon!

Langwarrin, Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wo got caught up in the recent US West Coast hurricane and flights were rescheduled to LA instead of Vegas. I needed accommodation at midnight for a family of four which was difficult as this is a holiday weekend in US with Independence Day. The staff at Hilton were fantastic arranging rooms quickly and at a discount due to our circumstances. The rooms were exceptionally clean, quiet (courtyard room is best) . Breakfast was perfect with the best bacon and sausages on our whole trip. Marina Del Rey is the place to stay in LA within easy driving (if there is such a thing in LA!) of all attractions and walking distance to the wonderful beach. The Cheesecake Factory restaurant is nearby but get there early as it's packed every night after 6 pm

Room Tip: Take the inside rooms as the ones facing the street are quite noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your feedback and the positive comments! So glad we made your stay a good one and hope you can visit us again in the near future. Our staff do try to be nimble when it comes to our guest's needs and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts on that.

We look forward to you and your family visiting us again and again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a two nights stay at the hotel. We were assigned to the very back of the second building which is quite close to the highway. Rooms seems to be a bit old comparing to picture shows on their website. Hotel's location is quite "remote" at Marina Del Rey. (Nothing around) In 3am of our second night stay...weirded noise last for nearly an hour from the room next door. It's super annoying! Me and my sis were awaken by those noise!sound proofing very bad...

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, although I'm sorry you did not have a more enjoyable stay, and that your neighbors made too much noise!
Marina del Rey is definitely a little oasis, near the beaches and venice and it's very laid back for sure. But it's also very close to Abbott Kinney's action, lots of great restaurants and bars, and the beach communities. It just depends on what you're looking for.
In any case, we hope you'll give us another try, when you're looking for something that fits this area, and we'll be sure to give you a room that you prefer more as well.

Thanks again, and safe travels to you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
#13 of 348 in Los Angeles
Marina del Rey Marriott
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,046 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!