“Great location, tiny expensive rooms.”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came down from Northern California and needed a hotel one night because my best friend who lives down there had company and we couldn't stay at her house on night that we were down there, so we stayed 2 blocks away from her house at the Marriott at Marina Del Rey. The hotel was overlooking the marina and the coast line. We got a room overlooking the Venice Beach side and loved the view. The room was tiny!!! We enjoyed the "Jamaican Bay" across the street for lunch. Best fish tacos I've ever had! It worked this time, but I've heard the Hilton at Marina Del Rey is a better value so we I will try that next time.

• Stayed: July 2014
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts...we are happy you enjoyed your stay. I've never heard anyone say the rooms are tiny, so that was a surprise, but I do appreciate a new perspective.

We hope you'll stay with us again, and safe travels to you always!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is not your average HGI - this property is modern, beautiful and very stylish. I really enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again. The location was convenient as well that let me walk to the beach easily and then take a quick cab ride to the airport later. My only complaint here is the staff: no recognition as a Hilton Diamond member and the front desk people seemed so full of themselves. Maybe that's just LA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will again.
The big surprise here was your thoughts on the staff...we always get just stellar comments on how friendly and helpful the front desk and all the team members are. It would be helpful to know who you interacted with so I may follow up.

In any case, we thank you and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The place was pricey but we decided to splurge alittle and went with it, from the outside the place looks mediocre but once your inside the place is very nice. We got a king size bed bungalow and it was very pretty. High vaulted ceiling and a private room with no connecting neighbors it was awesome. Close to Venice and walking distant to many things, this place is very great for a mini getaway. Only complaint i had was the being in the middle of the courtyard we can her all the people walking around the room but that was expected, besides that everything was great. clean and comfy beds. i would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: get a bungalow if you can, but the regular rooms are still nice too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your room and we hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Let us know what else we can do to improve our service so we can ensure your next stay is even better!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My teenage Daughter & I arrived in LA to find our accommodations at another area hotel were unacceptable. I used my IPad to search hotels and we chose the HGI-Marina Del Rey. Even though room availability was limited Richard (front desk Mgr) made sure we were treated like royalty. Great, clean hotel centrally located to Santa Monica restaurants, pier & shopping in addition to Venice Beach which is a must see, Also close to Airport, Hollywood and Malibu. And BTW, price was very affordable.
Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

We sincerely appreciate wonderful guests like you and hope you will come stay with us again and again!

Safe travels, and thanks again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months for business. Each of my visits have been met with very friendly and accommodating front desk staff that have done everything they can to make my stay enjoyable. The property is recently remodeled and very comfortable. I have had positive experiences with everyone associated with this hotel from the front desk, restaurant, bar, and housekeeping. The restaurant has a very reasonable breakfast buffet with made to order eggs, french toast, etc. with great servers. I do not usually have a rental car while staying at this property and I find I don't usually need one. The hotel offers bike rentals that make it very convenient to go for a ride along the beach. There are buses that have stops either across the street or a block or two away that can get me connected to where I need to go. If I do need a rental car, a Hertz rental office is in another hotel lobby a block away and allows me to avoid all the airport rental fees. There is also an Enterprise office a few blocks away. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, with my favorite being Killer Shrimp. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel, I have never been disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your review! Your insights into how to get around is helpful to all those reading I'm sure.

We especially appreciate your being a regular guest, and hope to see you again and again!

Safe travels, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

After an error on my end, Richard and his staff were extremely accommodating in helping me fix my reservation. We were very pleased with the bungalow suites that we stayed. Loved the look of them. They are very comfortable too. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for sharing your positive review...we appreciate your business so much...

Also, thank you for recognizing Richard, he really is terrific and he is so happy he could help you enjoy your stay.

We hope you'll come visit us again soon, and safe travels to you!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my second time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. I live in Venice, and this is where I take my mom when she visits. The staff are super friendly, the food from the Marina Grill and Bar was amazing, the hot tub was hot, the internet service was fast, lots of parking, and it is close to everything... Venice, the Marina, Santa Monica, Hollywood etc. Love this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks so much for the nice review and for being a return customer! We appreciate your loyalty, and will do whatever we need to to keep you as one!
Certainly let us know what we can do to make your next stay even better and we look forward to having you stay with us for years to come!

Say hi to mom...

Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Marina del Rey Marriott
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!