“Great food, amazing margaritas!”
Review of Baja Cantina

Baja Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Baja Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Venice
Cross street: Sunborn
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place looks a bit odd from the outside but it has great Mexican food at a reasonable price. The Margaritas are not to be missed either!

1  Thank Angela J

Reviewed 8 June 2014

After walking from our hotel to Venice Beach and seeing nothing there worth eating at we ended up here at Baja Cantina. It was a Saturday night and we were told it was a 30 minute wait yet there were several empty tables outside. We asked about sitting outside and were suddenly seated right away. Service was a bit slow. We both ordered two fish tacos each and a side of guacamole. I also had a large margarita. The tacos were tasty and the guacamole came in a tortilla bowl and was also good. The margarita was over priced at $16.00 and lacked tequila. The fish tacos were also overpriced at around $6.00 each. Overall the food was good but the next time in the area we'll eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Would definitley recommend the guacamole here. I visited 4 years ago on my holidays and had to come back. Have never had any like it. Staff are friendly and atmosphere is great.

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stopped by the BJ as we were looking for Mexican food in the neighborhood. It's a festive looking building. Valet parking was $4, but we managed a spot near by. They seat you for the restaurant, but the patio where we headed was open seating. A bus boy delivered chips and salsa. After about 5 mins. The waitress took almost 15. It appeared for the moment that she was behind the bar and working the whole patio which was about half full. Personally, I think if you give chips & salsa, water should follow quickly if it will take that long to get a waitress. As it was almost 6:30 we ordered a well drink and beer. Later I found that the second round was a label and twice the price. Nothing was said to us as we were asked if we wanted "another". Even better, my beer changed from an amber to a lager without me asking. I drank it rather than complain. We tried the street tacos which were tasty, but small. Having traveled to Mexico more than once, i am aware that street tacos are not massive, but the price should be in line. After happy hour, the patio got crowded for a weeknight. Several groups, some fowl-mouthed customers and others with kids. If I return, it will be earlier and I would be tempted to sit inside, with the idea of getting quicker service and lock in the HHr prices.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A Santa Monica resident encouraged us to eat at Baja Cantina and we were very pleased we took up her recommendation.
We had great food, cocktails and service and would happily return for more!

1  Thank Simondowe