“No. Just don't.”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
San Francisco, California
“No. Just don't.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was booked here by my company on a business trip, and found this Ramada Inn to be so unacceptable that if I’d had to stay here another night, I would have paid out of my own pocket to go elsewhere. Dirty hallways, old carpet, peeling wallpaper, dated décor. This place needs not so much a makeover as a wrecking ball. It is bad.

This Ramada Inn is located on a major street. There is a ton of street noise. Earplugs are necessary, even if your room doesn’t face Washington Blvd. Also, the mini fridge in my room made a loud noise about every 10 minutes, and trying to sleep through that was just as challenging as the traffic.

Wifi is supposedly free, but there was no signal in my room. I could only access the internet if I sat in the lobby. The lobby, flanked by a concrete planter displaying old and very dusty plastic roses, is always locked and you must be buzzed inside by the receptionist. This makes one feel not exactly secure. My room was also tucked away down a dark hallway, out of sight from the parking lot, which made me concerned about my safety. This feeling was amplified when I realized that all the other rooms on my wing were under construction, and I was completely alone in this section of the hotel, with only construction workers coming and going. Anyone could have come to my door, and no one would have seen them. It was really unsettling. I asked at the front desk about changing rooms and the young woman at the desk curtly told me it wasn’t possible.

It was very cold in my room at night. Early in the morning, I turned on the heater, only to have the room immediately fill with a burning smell. Seconds later, the smoke alarm went off. As if my stay could get worse. I turned off the heater and used a magazine to fan in front of the smoke alarm, and the alarm stopped. No one came to my room to check on me, and there was no mention of the alarm when I checked out later that day. As upsetting as it was to be cold and subjected to a faulty heater and fire alarm at 5am, it was equally upsetting that no one in the hotel came to check. What if there had been a real fire in my room?

I did see rooms being renovated at this Ramada Inn, but even with (desperately needed) updates, I would not stay here ever, ever again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Royal Palm Beach
Reviewed 16 October 2013

When we returned from dinner around midnight, there was no available parking. We were told to park on either side of the back gate. The $70+ parking ticket we received makes your hotel considerably more expensive than the 4-star hotel we passed up.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very nice hotel for pur budget, good location close to Venice beach.
The only minus is the breakfast which is very poor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Venice On The Beach Hotel
Venice On The Beach Hotel
#55 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Ramada Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marina Del Rey

Property: Ramada Marina Del Rey
Address: 3130 Washington Blvd, Marina del Rey, CA 90292-5551
Region: United States > California > Marina del Rey > Venice
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Marina del Rey
#8 Business Hotel in Marina del Rey
#8 Romantic Hotel in Marina del Rey
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Marina Del Rey 2*
Ramada Inn Venice Beach Hotel is located in Los Angeles, California near Santa Monica Beach, Westwood Village, Century City, Marina Del Rey, Hermosa Beach, Malibu Beach and Los Angeles International Airport LAX. Shop at the new Santa Monica Place a specialty mall with stores like Burberry, Hugo Boss, Coach, Gallini, Louis Vuitton and much more. The world-famous Third Street Promenade is located across the street and known for its weekly farmers' markets, fabulous dining, terrific shopping and engaging street performers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Marina Del Rey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey