“Excellent place to stay”
Review of The Kinney

The Kinney
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, quite, intimate, staff very helpful. Just got married to my long term partner at the hotel the staff couldn't have been more helpful the public area are pretty and good, some are intimate.Rooms spacious, bed comfortable .loved our stay and would stay again. Free wifi great and fast and very much appreciated
Have left champagne glass with the staff in case anyone wants to take the plunge. I can recommend this place for comfort and good service. Breakfast is included

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen Y
TheInnatMDR, General Manager at The Kinney, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are glad to see you enjoyed our free breakfast, our free wireless internet and our friendly staff.

The Inn at Marina Del Rey team would like to congratulate you on your wedding. We are looking forward to seeing you both again in the near future!

Stacey Martines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Room on inner 1st floor was large with lounge area, table and 2 chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Very comfortable bed. Everything and everywhere spotlessly clean. Small pool and terrace with sun beds. Covered free parking, free wifi in rooms. Couldn't fault it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mer94
Thank you for the time you spent on your review. We are very pleased you were happy with our comfortable rooms, our free breakfast and our free wireless internet.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked this hotel after looking for all the Aussie reviews. We arrived on the 7th of Oct very early in the morning and asked if we could check in. Francisco (Great Guy) who was working the front desk was very helpful and we were able to go directly into our room. All the hotel staff were very helpful and cheerful. We returned to the hotel on Nov 3rd for 3 more days and have no complaints what so ever. They were very kind and looked after our bags for a few hours while we did a bit of last minute shopping before heading to the airport. We booked a Queen suite which we were very surprised by how roomy it was. The other great thing about this hotel is FREE Parking. We use to stay at the Marina International until they renovated and got taken over by Hilton and doubled in price. So if you are looking for a great hotel at a reasonable price range this is it. If I have to note one thing the pool is small, more for soaking not swimming. The outdoor area next to the pool is very pretty and has a fireplace to enjoy a leisurely drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the traffic noise. We stayed in room 314 and 302.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jannine B
Your comments are greatly appreciated. It is nice to see that you enjoyed our friendly staff, our free parking and our comfortable double queen rooms.

Please come back to see us again soon!

Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We are a senior couple who spent five days at the hotel, in October 2013.....we found the hotel to be very well located with plenty of underground parking ....the staff could not have been more pleasant...we found our room clean and well cared for and the entire staff was always friendly and greeted you with a smile.......it is located on a very busy street but that all but disappears once you are inside......the prices were reasonable.......breakfast is better then most....HINT, there is a great little Italian place about a half block from the hotel called Johnnies, great New York style pizza and grinders.....look forward to our next stay.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stan H
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are glad to see you enjoyed our free parking, close proximity to local restaurants and our friendly staff.

We look forward to seeing you both again in the future!

Dallas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this property recently for its location and reviews. However, it fell far short of my expectations. The included breakfast was great, but not even close enough to offset my experience..

Be aware: the guy that works in morning WILL try to hard sell you on tours. His persistence borders on harassment, maybe I should not have said "I will think about it." This prompted him to follow up with a call shortly after - when I had only MINUTES to think about it. Clearly I had not made a decision that quick after a long flight... He asked me twice more after that..

I also did not receive the room that I had reserved. After reserving a suite with a queen bed, I was checked into a room with a king bed - no suite. My only interaction with the manager, Dustin, was brief. I only remember his name because of his rude and short nature. I come from a customer service background of nearly 20 years. Businesses that rely heavily on a customer base to remain profitable and successful, should truly value their customers and treat them with the importance that they are.

Dustin seemed indifferent to my concerns, and could not even maintain eye contact with me in our short conversation. I wonder how a person like this was ever put in charge of a business.

In summation, I will never return to this place again. I encountered several properties in the area during my visit, next time I WILL stay with one of those.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street and pool area
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank njo198578
TheInnatMDR, General Manager at The Kinney, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear NJO198578,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry that the experience you encountered with our staff did not meet your expectations. This is surprising as the majority of our guests find our hotel to have exceptional service. We appreciate your business and value the feedback that you have provided in your review. It is only through such honest discourse with our customers that we can improve as a hotel. Please contact me directly, so I may demonstrate my concern.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The qualities of this hotel are the excellent staff, and the international flavor of the guest during our visit. We enjoyed our conservations with guest from all over the world in an wonderful environment. The beach is a 2 to 3 minute drive down the street, and parking is free which is a huge plus! The price is excellent given the location, therefore if your looking for a good deal then stay at the Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are glad to see you and your family enjoyed our close proximity to Venice Beach and local attractions, our free parking and and our friendly staff.

Please come back to see us again soon!

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is close (walking distance) to Venice Beach, and very conveniently located to explore western LA, Santa Monica, Malibu, the canyons, Pacific Coast Highway, and it is only a short ride from LAX.
My (interior) room was very clean and nicely furnished, offered plenty of space and had windows to an atrium, so it was really quiet at night. The hotel's parking garage is a big advantage, and there is ample space. Breakfast offers bagels w/ cream cheese, scrambled eggs and ham, and waffles, and there is 24/7 free coffee in the lobby. Housekeeping and the attendant at the breakfast buffet are very friendly and efficient.

Big kudos to Phil and Brenda - the night team at the front desk -, who not only quickly checked me in but were very helpful in pointing out restaurants/bars and recommended hiking trails. I always enjoyed a chat with them.

Room Tip: Some 2nd floor interior rooms (I had #208) have windows to an internal atrium with no one passing th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephan T
Your comments are greatly appreciated. It is nice to see that you enjoyed our friendly staff, our spacious free parking and our delicious free breakfast. When in the area, please come back and see us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
Santa Monica
Shore Hotel
Shore Hotel
#2 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to The Kinney? Share your experiences!