“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mariposa
Meadow Creek Ranch Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We are just home from a three night stay at this wonderful B&B. I would highly recommend it, and would love to return.

There are only two rooms to choose from: it's a small place. This fits us well, as we don't need a crowd to have a great time. The location is picturesque, and the room we had (Garden Gate) was clean, a good size, sweetly decorated, and comfortable. When we arrived it was chilly in the room (actually there are two rooms plus a bathroom) and I thought, "Oh dear, I'm going to freeze!" Rest assured the heaters kick in and we were quite comfy.

Diana and Willie, the owners of the inn, are easy to be with and talk to, and the breakfasts were quite yummy. In addition, we knew we were going off quite early the first morning and I let Diana know ahead of time that we'd have to skip breakfast and she prepared a bag of fruit and muffins for us! I was charmed by that.

At night my husband and I each enjoyed a glass of sherry before sleep, and sleep we did! The bed was nice, and there's just no noise to speak of outdoors so we weren't disturbed at all.

The grounds are fun to investigate: there are lots of antique things around.The main house was decorated for Christmas and was just warm and festive.

Thank you so much, Diana and Willie, for a lovely time. It was a perfect way to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary!

Room Tip: If you want wifi choose the Garden Gate. If not, I'm sure either room is lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Wilcoxen, Owner at Meadow Creek Ranch Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

We're so glad to hear that you were warm, happy & felt that we took such good care of you. We appreciate that your stay here motivated you to write a long review with compliments about many different aspects of Meadow Creek Ranch. We're also honored that you chose us to celebrate your 37th anniversary. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent two nights at Meadow Creek Ranch on a recent trip to Yosemite and were very pleased with our choice of B&B. It had an interesting historic past, was exceptionally clean, and the breakfasts were "just right.". We especially enjoyed conversing with our host, and probably spent an hour discussing Germany, notably our having lived there and their frequent trips. We'd highly recommend to anyone staying there. One note: do a Google map and understand the distances you're dealing with from both the southern and western Yosemite gates no matter where you stay. Note it had no pool nor fitness center--but I could not clear the rating on these two items once I touched a button.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We're so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you wrote such a nice review. We also enjoyed talking with you, and are on a trip to Germany, Spain & Morocco this winter while the B&B is slower & we now have the time to write a few responses to reviews. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We are so happy to have found the Meadow Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast for our Yosemite visit. We stayed two nights and thought it was just perfect. I loved the comfy cottage decor of our Garden Gate room and since it was quite warm when we were there, appreciated the A/C unit in the room. The bed was really cozy and we enjoyed looking through some of the books provided; also there were nice touches such as fresh-ground coffee for the room, tea and even sherry. Thanks to Willie and Diana for a great stay and for our yummy breakfasts--served with the best, freshest coffee! We also appreciated the "insider" places Willie told us to look for in Yosemite.

Room Tip: The B&B is a bit of a drive from the town of Mariposa, but it's very scenic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank needmorevacationdayz

We love hearing that you thought your stay here was perfect, since we want to be great hosts. We're also glad that you felt that the 15 minute drive to Mariposa, was worth it to be out in the country where it is beautiful & peaceful. Thank you for writing us a review!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed two nights at the Meadow Creek Ranch B&B and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was very good, and the hosts (Willie and Diana) are welcoming and informative. The Inn is about 10-15 min from the main commercial district of Mariposa (where one should dine at Savoury's). Their location is advantageous if one is planning a visit to both the (western) Arch Rock and (southern) Wawona entrances of Yosemite, as it is approximately halfway (approximately 45 min or so) between the two entrances....this worked out well for me, since my itinerary took me to these entrances on two consecutive days. The option of having breakfast at 7:30 am is very helpful, as it allowed me to drive to the park early enough and avoid the lines at the entrance stations. If you are planning on staying in the Mariposa area, I recommend the Meadow Creek Ranch B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed at this delightful B&B for two nights. Willie and Diana are really nice: they recommended interesting places to check out in Mariposa and Yosemite, and we loved the fresh and delicious breakfast! They even packed left overs for our day trip to the park.

The three of us stayed in the Garden Gate room. It was comfortable, clean, and felt like home. There was tea, coffee and chocolate in the room. I can't pick my favorite part: Willie's interesting stories, Diana's scrumptious muffins, the lovely cats, or the black walnut trees in their yard!

We will definitely come back to this charming home! Thanks Diana and Willie!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elham S
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My mom and I stayed two nights here so that we could take in Yosemite and loved it!! Willie and Diana were great hosts and prepared fabulous breakfast menus! We stayed in the Garden Gate Room and it was perfect! Very clean and beautifully decorated. The beds were very comfortable as well. I'm looking forward to returning and seeing Willie and Diana, as well as Yosemite!

Room Tip: The Garden Gate is very comfortable for two or three people. The queen bed plus a day bed were perfe...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We spent 3 nights as part of a week-long Monterrey-Yosemite-San Francisco trip. Loved the place, breakfast was outstanding each morning (and was different each day), and the conversation with Willie was enjoyable. One morning we drove to Yosemite South entrance to see the Mariposa Grove and the other morning we drove to the Yosemite Valley entrance. Diana takes care of everything. And the price was right. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
Mariposa Lodge
Mariposa Lodge
#3 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Meadow Creek Ranch Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!