“Hidden Jewel”

Butterfly Creek Winery & Vineyards
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Mariposa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited this winery today because I won a one year membership in a raffle. I was able to get six bottles of wine. One for each vintage they produce and 20% off everything in their store. I was the sole visitor and I was treated with respect and courtesy. I highly recommend this hidden jewel. It is well worth the time it takes to drive up the hill to visit.

7  Thank rocklvr03

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This wine comes from some locally grown grapes. They offer both red and white wines. The owners are very friendly and informative. You can even join their wine club with quarterly shipments.

8  Thank Judy E
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stopped at the Butterfly Creed Winery on one of our "relaxing" days on our Yosemite vacation. While neither my husband nor I are big wine drinkers, the couple that we traveled with are and they both loved the wine. Bob was more than happy to explain the history of the winery and answer any questions that we had. He let us sample four different kinds of wine for free, which is usually unheard of when wine sampling. He definitely loves to talk and is very entertaining to listen to. His dogs were a big hit and were super friendly. Even if you don't "love" wine, I'd still recommend traveling to the Butterfly Creek winery to observe the beautiful scenery and play with the pups!

8  Thank l0ve2travel_12
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Bob and Darlene gerken are stellar folks. The winery is set in a gorgeous valley, and the wine is top notch. We went to attend a friend's wedding and they were nothing but generous, pouring glasses of wine for us to taste test throughout the rehearsal, and the reception. The White Merlot is a very special one, but I like their Zinfandel. Go for the wine, but stay for the scenery and the company.

8  Thank vlxvee
Reviewed 1 October 2012

A little out of the way but worth it. Beautiful picnic area with lots of shade. Their wines are very good and only $10. We will go back again when we are in the area.

6  Thank sgj1942

Been to Butterfly Creek Winery & Vineyards? Share your experiences!