“Amazing weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mariposa
Poppy Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place is a gem! Absolutely gorgeous house with a beautiful view on the forest. My boyfriend got sold on the home made cookies and hearty breakfast, me - on the warm and homey atmosphere. Mary Ellen and Kim made our stay so comfortable and made us feel at home. Unbelievable attention to detail - from little "kisses" by the bed and fresh flowers to wine in the evening and gluten free pie. Thank you so much for making our trip to Yosemite so wonderful and memorable! We will definitely be back and I will recommend this place to everyone!

Room Tip: We had a chance to have our pick, because we were the only one staying, and all rooms looked amazing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DariaN21

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I did not like the idea of staying at a B&B but he wanted a place close to Yosemite where we could stay for a night and then visit the Mariposa Grove the next day. I looked at all of the hotels and none appealed to me or were very cost prohibitive. I located Poppy Hill on Tripadvisor and the pictures reminded me of my husband's great aunt's house. It gave me that warm feeling you get when you have great memories of something. I called Mary Ellen and booked a room for us. The accommodations were charming, the breakfast was outstanding and conversations with Mary Ellen and her son Dan were the best part of all. I felt like we knew them for years and Mary Ellen was always feeding us something yummy just like our Moms. After this experience we had a new appreciation of B&Bs and asked Mary Ellen if she knew of any along the coast on PCH. She gave us a book of B&Bs which we used along with Tripadvisor to find B&Bs on the way to San Diego.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacknCris
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is more a private home with guest rooms than a B&B. From the moment you walk in you feel more like family than like a paying guest.
Poppy hill is located just out of Mariposa, just short of an hour of a drive to the Yosemite park.
The property is a very pretty American family home, with pretty antique furniture and a splendid garden with many well equipped sitting areas from which to enjoy any time of the day - and night. Guest rooms are spacy and furnished the same way the common areas are - with a lot of personal care to detail and nice old pieces of furniture. Bathrooms are big enough and well equipped and maintained. Everything is impeckably clean and looked after.
The place submerged in the lush vegetation - quality of sleep is fantastic.
Mary Ellen, the host, mady us feel like home. Fresh fruit and bisquits upon our arrival, bottles of wine as nightcap when we returned late (and set in the beautiful garden under an incredible sky), a full, home made American breakfast with just about everything you can imagine - we loved it. It was a pity that we had to take off after just one night of stay. Would have loved to stay a bit longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Correspondent10
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was there for only one stay 2 years ago, but the wonderful experience makes me always want to get back there with families. The room was cozy and comfortable, garden was amazing especially in the sunset, also the breakfast was extremely delicious to start a day. (see my pictures posted Aug 2011)

When we arrived in the afternoon, felt hot and tired, Mary Ellen welcomed us with cold drinks and cakes like grandma's.
Highly recommend for couples and families. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Poppy Hill has a great setting and is conveniently located to Mariposa and Yosemite National Park (about 35 miles). From the moment we walked in - wine, cheese, crackers, etc. until the moment we left - M&Ms and cookies for "the road," we were treated like family. The B&B had the feel of a museum - nice furnishings and knick knacks to admire. It also offered several places to just sit back and enjoy nature. The breakfast was outstanding, but what made it special were the hosts who made great recommendations on where to eat and what to do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'm a Japanaese tourst stayng at the B&B with my wife.
That was the best B&B I have ever visited.
The people, Dan, Kim and Mary are gentle and kind.
The rooms was very beautiful with pretty furniture.
The garden was also beautiful.
The breakfast was good so that I thought I were living American home.
Yes, the best thing is that we had the experience as if we were at home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I am not going to write a long review as it has all been said. What a beautiful, amazing, peaceful place to stay. It was so relaxing - we highly recommend it. Dan, Kim and Mary Ellen were all lovely. The breakfast was incredible and the little snacks during the day were thoughtful. They were also very helpful with where to go for dinner and other tips for travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 11Jessica11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
5th (Fifth) Street Inn
5th (Fifth) Street Inn
#4 of 21 in Mariposa

Been to Poppy Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!