“An extraordinary experience that we will not forget”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mariposa
Restful Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed for 2 night here to visit Yosemite. We were looking for an alternative to the "standard California trip tourist hotels", and it seems we hit the jackpot. Comfortable beds in cosy rooms, a very nice swimming pool, and fantastic hosts which will keep forever a special place in our hearts. The breakfast was way beyond five star level (quantity and quality), so don't eat 2 days before you arrive here. It was hard to say goodbye to these lovely hosts after 2 days.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank starexplorer

Reviewed 20 June 2012

When I arrived and saw Lois I felt like I had known her most of my life. She looked like she could have been one of my extended family/relatives. Good start!

Pro's. We had second floor, LARGE room and there were only two of us. Air conditioning, fridge, microwave, beautiful pool, beautiful grounds. Breakfast...could not eat another meal until 8+ hours later...all home cooked. Lois can put out a fancy spread, table, dishes, and food. Seriously 5++++ stars. The pool was perfect for this time of year, very clean. Lois and John were very accommodating to any question, need.

Con's--we couldn't stay longer.

It really was a nice, short stay. It felt like parents who are caring for their children's friends!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank OnlyBeHereNOW
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as a base to explore Yosemite. Our hosts Lois and John could not have been more helpful . You get a service that is exceptional from packing leftovers from a very substantial breakfast to enjoy at your leisure to providing extra jackets. The hot tub was devine and thoroughly appreciated after a day of hiking . John had the fire going for us in our separate guest accomm. Located in a very pretty setting with wildlife about. The humming birds were a delight and eat from a handheld feeder. Even though it is a bit of a drive to Yosemite it is no punishment as the scenery is great. We would have no hesitation in recommending this very comfortable accommodation to families and couples. I had left feedback just after leaving our accommodation but I obviously did not load at the time hence the delay in this post.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bronwyn F
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I spent the weekend at the Restful Nest while my son camped out and participated in the Civil War re-enactment. I was staying at the Restful Nest by myself. Lois and Jon could not have been more gracious. They treated me like family! I felt extemely welcomed and enjoyed their company as well. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful and the rooms are nice and very comfortable. The food was heaven!!! When I picked up my son early Sunday morning from the re-enactment event, they let me bring him back to the B&B, shower, and join us for breakfast. I definitely recommend the Restful Nest and look forward to going back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for just one night on our way through Yosemite. Thoroughly recommend it - especially if you have an appetite for charming company, great home-cooked food and humming-birds that drink from your hand! Lois and Jean are wonderful hosts, and welcomed us like family. Our room was comfortable, clean and with wonderful views. The breakfast has now become the new standard for breakfasts - absolutely incredible.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I love this place. We printed off the directions provided on the website and found the B&B easily. The ride was very scenic and the huge granite boulders dotting the landscape were a nice preview to Yosemite. We stayed here prior to our visit to the Mariposa Grove and a subsequent visit to Yosemite Valley. This worked very well. We enjoyed Lois and Jon Pierre and truly felt like family. Even though it was January and chilly outside, we had a wonderful room that had a toasty wood stove that kept us nice and warm. Add the comfortable recliners and chilled beverages (which we brought with us) and we were totally at home. The husband lounged a while in the hot tub and declared that it was clean and 102 degrees. He used the robe thoughtfully provided in the room. Breakfast was indeed over the top and we were really to tackle a nice hike in the park Would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: If it is chilly, pay the extra money and get the guest house with the wood stove. Nothing beats the...