“Very good place to stay!”

Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend we slept there for one night during our visit to Yosemite. The hotel is very nice and the staff was friendly. The room are quite small: we stayed in the non-smoking area and the place for opening our two baggages was very very tiny. The restroom was absolutely clean and there is a quite big shower. In the morning there is a good free breakfast where you can have more or less wathever you want to eat and drink. The hotel is in a very good location if you want to visit Yosemite in more days. Finally I highly recomment this hotel and I will stay again here in a future.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
YosemiteTravelTips, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, just 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park. Guests often comment that the hotel is very nice, and staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet is a great place to refuel for a day of play. Mariposa is a great place so come on back!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have used this hotel before and would use again. Such a nice place to stay. Good location (close to everything in town). Nice facilities available. Good breakfast range. Why can't more Comfort Inn's be like this? If you need to stay outside Yosemite, this is a great option.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank newman_david
YosemiteTravelTips, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

You are some of our many guests who are very happy they stay at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, not only for our deluxe hot breakfast buffet and our large, clean rooms, but also because we're only 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park! Thank you so much for your glowing review.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family of 6 was headed to the campground we had reserved on the west side of the park when we were turned back because the area had been evacuated due to the rim fire. We were in a jam...5:00 in the evening at Yosemite with no reservations! I started frantically calling hotels to find "no vacancy" again and again. At last I tried the Comfort Inn in Mariposa and was thrilled to be able to book one of their last rooms. Patti, who answered the phone, was very helpful in getting things in place for us. Given the situation, I would have been happy with just about any place with a bed we could lay down on, but was delighted with these accommodations. We stayed in a suite with two bedrooms, two baths, living room with pull out, and full kitchen. The price was very reasonable and while the decor is nothing fancy or posh, that wasn't why we were there. All was neat and clean, which was the most important part. We had been prepared to camp, so had lots of food with us and were able to use the kitchen to store and prepare it. We had plenty of space for all of us and my kids enjoyed the pool and making their own waffles for breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights and traveled both to Yosemite Valley, Glacier Point, and Mariposa Grove of Sequoias. Both are a bit of a drive (1-2 hours) but that is the case wherever you stay outside the park. If we came back to Yosemite, I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank eknier
YosemiteTravelTips, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

So glad you were delighted with your accommodations at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway. The rooms are large, clean and quiet and suites are perfect for large families. The deluxe hot breakfast is just what is needed to start the day right. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful and our prices are reasonable. You are quite welcome to come back and stay with us again anytime you visit Yosemite National Park.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My party of 5 made a reservation at another motel and it was a real dump and the comfort inn had an open reservation, thankfully and when we arrived at the comfort inn it was wonderful! The room was great!! It was a suite with 2 rooms and a big living room and kitchen! The pool was very nice and it was just an overall relaxing place, wish we would have booked there for out whole trip!!

• Stayed: August 2013

We specialize in wonderful, clean, comfortable rooms at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway. So glad you enjoyed our quiet mountainside pool and spa and had a relaxing stay. Please do come and stay with us again. You are welcome!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Room we stayed looked run down. The door of a wall cabinet had mismatched colors. My wife found hair in the bed sheets before we used them. None of the power outlets worked so we couldn't charge any of our mobile electronics. The air conditioner was so as loud as a shop vac. Neither me nor my wife get any decent sleep due to the loud AC.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
YosemiteTravelTips, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate all information we receive from our guests and we take steps to insure problems are resolved. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. Housekeeping has been alerted and we are working to ensure every room is clean and fresh. The standard air conditioning units found in hotel rooms are not quiet, but they do cool the room down nicely and this is important with our warm summer California climate.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had several issues with this hotel. Firstly, they messed up my reservation. My initial reservation was for 2 days through expedia. A couple of weeks before my trip I tried reserving through expedia for an additional night. Was told that I will need to contact the hotel directly, which I did and was assured that I had the room. When I arrived there I was told that they did not have a reservation and was asked as to who I spoke with. They also gave me some [--] explanation of how the system would not allow them to allot me a room. Anyways, they recommended another place "Miners Inn" which was really good. Secondly, this hotel has rooms facing the main parking lot and people can park right up to your room. Had a couple of noisy groups and was disturbed through late hours in the night intermittently. I understand people want to have fun but they should be cognizant of the setting and care about the fact that other people are there too. Thirdly, I had to request the front desk a couple of times for some extra towels. I finally had to go and get them myself, which really wasn't a big deal, just something for the hotel to think of in terms of customer service. In all fairness to the owners, I didn't mention my problems to them because by the time I got to the hotel after dinner it was really late and we were all very tired. Also didn't want any unpleasant situation with other guests. The issue really was with the way the rooms are laid out and there is very little that anyone can do in that situation. At best this was average. Drive to the main yosemite valley is about an hour. Positives: The breakfast was decent and the room itself wasn't bad.

1  Thank VanSamJee
Management response:Responded 5 August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Many guests are very happy they stayed at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway. Expedia reservations must always be changed through Expedia. Room service is no available but the front desk staff is glad to provide towels when you come to the reception area. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it to be a great place. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Best sausage on the trip!! Enjoyed the pool after a long hot day at Yosemite. Went to the historical Jail house that is next to the property. The Volunteer Tour Guide gave us such an interesting tour. Mariposa is a cute town.

Management response:Responded 5 August 2013

Our guests are happy to stay with us and we are pleased to help you enjoy your visit. The pool and spa in our quiet hillside setting makes an evening swim just wonderful! Mariposa is a great place - come on back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
Rush Creek Lodge
#2 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area

Been to Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway? Share your experiences!