“Nice spacious, clean, quiet hotel close to attractions”

Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as a base for visiting Yosemite National Park. The room was lovely and spacious with 2 double queen beds and the free breakfast buffet was a bonus. Mariposa is a quaint, quiet town that we found very restful. We were out exploring Yosemite from early til late on most days so didn't make use of the other facilities such as the pool area but they looked good. A good, reasonably priced place to stay when in the Yosemite area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gopal D, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank You for your Review. We know how busy and stressful vacations can be, We're glad you found our Town/ Hotel restful during you vacation.

Comfort Inn Yosemite Gateway

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was quiet and clean. Everything worked and I had no complaints. It is located on a bit of a hillside, so walking around to and from town might be a little difficult for non-hikers. Close to several good places to eat and of course close to Yosemite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your response, we're happy we could meet you expectations.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just stayed here for two nights. The location is good if you are visiting Yosemite and want to stay outside the park. There are a fair number of restaurants in this old quaint mining town. I think it took us a little over an hour to get to Yosemite Valley.

Front desk personnel was above average, even called the room a little while after we had settled in to see if everthing was ok.

The decor of the room was nice. The mattresses were above average, at least in our room. The internet access was good, tv reception good. Bath had a fairly new vanity counter top.

Good breakfast, decent-sized seating area.

Minuses- The showerhead was very low, about 5'5'' high. Also, the toilet seat was abnormally small. It felt weird using it, and I'm average-sized. I can't imagine how a larger person would deal with it.

All in all not great, not bad either. I would stay here again. Would probably give 3 1/2 stars if able.

Room Tip: No elevators, so first floor is nice, plus closer to your vehicle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ForgottenTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to post about our Hotel. We appreciate the Reviews good and bad. With both of these, It lets us know what people enjoy about us, as well as what we can improve on.

Comfort Inn Yosemite Gateway

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked two nights in their own website choicehotels.com, I checked in April 25th and checked out in April 27th. When I enter into my room, I felt the room condition is fare and the bed is clean, but somehow I felt something walked through my body when I slept in mid night, at that moment, I did not realize it's bed bugs, in the second day, my arms felt very itchy, and in the third day, the itch in both of my arms accompanied by redness and swelling, and I counted there's total 11 abscesses, then I finally realized this caused by bed bugs. I told this issue to front desk staff, there's two ladies sit in the front desk, they felt very sorry for me, but did nothing. They did not even give me antiseptic or a discount for the room charge. The 11 abscesses are shrinking but still very itchy since then, I felt I have to share my experience to the other travelers, so I wrote a review on choicehotels.com on May 5th, and guess what? they removed my review from their website and only leave the good review on it.

So travelers, from their attitude, be careful to choose this hotel and be aware of BED BUGS!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank Michelle Z
Gopal D, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We do apologize for that large Inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.
That is something we do take very seriously. With guest traveling all over the world, things like that do happen at most hotels/ or motels. But it is something we do check for in our rooms. We use the latest methods to be both safe for our guests, as well as be rid of the problem. If you do decide to stay again with us, we can assure you that something like that won't happen again.

Comfort Inn

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed in 4 room building separate from main building, it had common sitting area and porch. Room was small as stated online, queen bed. Bathroom needs updating along with furniture. Analog tv , no sleep timer. Air unit had constant on which is good for air movement and noise control. Breakfast good with lots of choices. Bed comfy. Price high for what you get, expect more from Choice Hotels. Normally stay at Comfort Suites, more modern places. Overall not up to standards.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Wow this place had the best breakfast of the 7 hotels we stayed at. You will not leave there hungry. Love having the choice of soft or firm pillows. the bead was comfortable, room was clean. Hotel is 3 stories and they don't have a elevator. We were unable to get Verizon cell phone service. The hotel is located one block above the main street. Tales a little less than a hour to get to Yosemite.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GingerNBarstow

Thank you for taking the time write a review on our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the cell reception, that is consistent problem we have here in the mountains. But it is something we've grown use to, but it does surprise some that visit Yosemite.

Comfort Inn

Reviewed 30 April 2014

arrived about 9 pm was told nothing except 3 floor . our (two rooms on first floor) reservations have been made a month ago . 3 days ago I called to make sure every thing was ok choice hotel checked with Michael and said all was set . now the hotel is blaming it all on choice hotels . The employees are lazy the managers wife is rude . We had to take a suite two bedrooms one bath .At a higher rate of over $26 per night . We travel a lot stay at many comfort inns this is by far the worst . Breakfast worker lazy telling Michael fire him fire him. I wanted to tell him to have her clean the place up of course not my business . They all would work for me about 5 minutes .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank zues1911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
Rush Creek Lodge
#2 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area

Been to Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway? Share your experiences!