“ONE BAR IN MARIPOSA, CA THAT IS VERY UNIQUE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hideout Saloon
Ranked #3 of 5 Nightlife in Mariposa
Healdsburg, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ONE BAR IN MARIPOSA, CA THAT IS VERY UNIQUE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend and I were going to Yosemite National Park and stayed two nights in Mariposa and we met Mike Hall who is a winemaker and brewmaster who told us to go to the Hideout saloon where is beer is served.

When we walked through the door, my eyes lit up in amazement. Very, Very cool bar. There were coins and dollar bills in between the stone walls. I kept on saying, "I love this Bar!" A gentleman named Pat who is local asked me to ask Brenda, the bartender about the wall and why there are coins nestled in between stones.

Oh, and Brenda is a retired woman wrestler and there is a photo behind the bar.

I will put it this way, when you walk in you are a stranger, when you leave the bar it feels like you left your family or friends after a reunion.

Brenda and I were singing and dancing to "These boots are walkin" by Nancy Sinatra. Brenda, is such an amazing woman with a good soul, and she hugged both my boyfriend and I when we left.

I will never forget the memories made at the Hideaway bar.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank laromeo

Collingwood, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“California Road Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had a two week road trip around the San Francisco area in California last month. By far the best part of the trip was finding the Hideout Saloon in Mariposa. The owner wasn't there that night, but his mother, Brenda, provided great service and entertainment. Definitely the best night of our trip and it was fun to add our twoonie (Canadian $2 coin) to the wall.

Visited November 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Live Music & Cheap Beer = YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Luckily the receptionist at the Miners Inn recommended this place to us when we needed a drink after a long drive that day. This bar is fantastic, full of friendly people, excellent live music & cheap beer (PBR is $2). We had a great time meeting people & chilling out.

Visited April 2013
Escondido, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good Times at the Hideout Saloon - Mariposa, Ca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Be sure to stop in and visit former pro-wrestler, Brenda, at the Hideout Saloon if you are in Mariposa. Check out Brenda's photo hanging behind the bar. This is a terrific little bar tucked under the backside of the main street. They serve ice cold beer, terrific local wine and good cheer. Be sure to add your dollar bill to the ceiling or the stone wall. Brenda can help with the ladder. We had a great time visiting with the locals and enjoying the cool basement atmosphere. We especially enjoyed chatting with Brenda the bartender!

Visited April 2013