“A 4.5”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you like food that represents the cooks imagination, this is a good choice. Variety of foods to chose from and the barbaque was just right. A good choice in a small town.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is an incredibly good restaurant with a menu that is several cuts above your average restaurant. It has a fine selection of foods and home-made desserts. The host and servers were all wonderful, and answered every request. They were knowledgeable about the menu and helpful in making suggestions. The food was well-prepared, tasty, and nice presentation to each dish. I had salmon and my partner had tri-tip. The portion size for the tri-tip was very large, and a complete dinner is very reasonable. A nice surprise was that they served hot corn bread with honey butter on arrival.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This was the fourth time we dined at 1850. The first time was just after they opened, it was very good then. Unfortunately it has gone downhill with each additional visit, with the last time uanaceptable. We were seated promptly but waited and waited for service, when we finally were acknowledged the waitress left the feeling we were an inconvenience. I ordered the Cornish game hen and was served not a game hen but ½ of a game with very little meat, when I mentioned it the waitress acted like I was a pain, but was charged full price for less food than an appetizer.

2  Thank Chuck F
Jake W, Owner at 1850, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Chuck F,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your poor experience at 1850. Customer service is very important to us, and we would never want any of our guests to feel like an inconvenience.

The serving size (that normally was half of a game hen) was plentiful when we first put it on the menu, weighing in at approximately 10 ounces. Since reading your review, and experiencing a few more issues with this dish, we have chosen to remove the Cornish Game Hen entirely from our menu.

We strive to make sure each guest leaves our establishment satisfied, unfortunately I realize that this did not happen on your last visit. I hope that you decide to give us another chance, and come back in again for dinner.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Really liked the fact that small plate entrees were offered - a 9 piece shrimp cocktail & various large salads to name a few. The décor is very western & "comfortable". Staff is friendly & knowledgeable about the entrees - can make good recommendations.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Congratulations on a job very well done... I have had the pleasure of dining at 1850 twice in the last several months; their food is exceptional, the service is top notch, and the atmosphere is perfect. Tonight 1850, along with Prospector's brewery hosted a phenomenal dinner event. The exquisite five course meal was accompanied with beers that matched the flavors to a tea. I am so glad to have such fine dining available in our little town, hats off to all of the staff!

2  Thank mlm32685