“Fabulous Steak”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dublin
“Fabulous Steak”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend and I wasn't disappointed. The service was efficient and friendly. We sat in the outdoor area with the misters on and it was lovely. It's right on the side of the street but Mariposa is a quiet spot so there is no traffic noise to worry about. I had the ribeye steak on special. Definitely one of the best I've ever eaten. My partner had the filet mignon and wasn't as impressed. She found it a bit dry but she ordered it medium/well done which I think is a mistake with any steak. We had a nice bottle of good value wine to wash it down so all in all I'd be happy to recommend it to anyone in the area.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Dermo73

Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Best meal on our 11 day California trip”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We absolutely loved this restaurant and the quaint little town of Mariposa. We stopped on our drive from Monterey to Yosemite. There were 3 of us, and we ordered 2 entrees and an appetizer to share. The salmon cake appetizer was delicious; and my husband loved the accompanying slaw. The chicken entree was so tender and moist! Our other entree was pasta with wild boar sausage, which was also excellent. Most of the other customers were obviously local, which told us that we had picked the best restaurant. Definiitely recommend.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank crhbuzz
Littleton, Colorado
“Don't order the Tri Tip Steak or Salad”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you go, stay away from anything with the Tri Tip beef. it was very tough and full of gristle. My biggest disappointment is that they didn't offer to put some other protein in my salad. Plus, their Balsamic Vinaigrette was really only Balsamic Vinegar. My friend enjoyed her trout and we enjoyed the live music on the outdoor patio. But, the way they handled my complaint was such that I would look for other places in town.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KLVOOR
Dear 313kathleenv,

I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory visit to our restaurant. The steak salad and tri-tip dinner are two of our most popular items on the menu that guests normally compliment.

Our normal policy for handling a situation like this would be to offer you something else off of the menu for dinner that would be better suited to your tastes (and not charge your for the meal you did not care for). Our balsamic vinaigrette is a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, basil, oregano, and garlic, however it does have a strong balsamic taste.

I sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with your meal, and the way that your server handled the situation. Our goal at 1850 is to make sure that all of our guests leave satisfied.
Thank you for your honest review. The situation has been addressed in a recent staff meeting. We rely on our customers for their feedback (good or bad), and cannot make necessary changes unless we are aware of a problem.
Mariposa, California
“Fine dining in Mariposa”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I both enjoyed eating at 1850. I had scallops and she had salmon. They were delicious. The portions are not so large that you won't have enough room for one of their tasty salads and bread. The service was very nice and the setting was comfortable. I recommend 1850.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank William M
William M,

Thank you for your 5 star review! It means a lot to us at 1850 to hear positive feedback!
Hope to see you in again soon!
bonaire
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were happy to find this place. It just opened a year ago and the atmosphere is great. We had the 50/50 burger with goatcheese/basil/dry tomatoes on top and garlic fries on the side. And this was one of the best burgers I had ever had! Also the rest of the menu is a bit more special then what other restaurants in town offer. Prices are very reasonable: 2 burgers (big) with fries, 2 beers and 2 wines = 65$. Enjoy your dinner!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank auwe
Auwe,

Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate the feedback!

The 50/50 burger is one of my favorites also!

Hope to see you again at 1850.