“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Palmwoods
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This Inn is not right in the national park but it is well located and a pleasant drive to get to Yosemite. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Staff were helpful and whilst we only intended staying one night we ended up staying two. Hapy to recommend this Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We wanted to get early and drive to YNC. Checked in at arnd 9pm, room was very spacious and nice. But 2PM in the night I feel that I am in a pool bed bugs :(. Couldnt sleep the entire night. Had to get up at 5 amanddrive to YNC.

Was very tired with lack of sleep and tons of bugs arnd sucking blood. Poorly maintained I don't recommend to anyone or stay there again.

Motel is so so one,but they charge you for a exotic resort price and added advantage of having some suckers ( bed bugs ) all night.

Very disappointed, wanted to punch the manager. Stay away ....,

Room Tip: Stay away from 109
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dileep B

Travellers are raving about these Mariposa hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Recently I stayed two nights there. We traveled in Yosemite. Our tour group is relatively big.(6 people).

Location is good / facilities are average but people are very kind (Thanks, manager Haness).
Good service.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jwj2012
Brisbane
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We chose this hotel because of location and reasonable reviews.

Service at check in was great and efficient, we arrived late because of some flight drama. Location is not the greatest, the distance from Yosemite National Park is not as much of a problem as is the lack of consideration form many drivers on the only narrow and windy road leading to it. So staying closer to the park can be worth spending extra money.

Rooms are well sized, however, the room was not quite ready for 3 people, with only 2 towel sets in the room on the arrival, it was rectified with large towels the next day but small towels and facewashers were still a problem. At least one of the small towels was not quite clean. Bathroom was too small for comfort and it was a problem. Make sure that you carry adequate cosmetics with you as the ones offered are not very pleasant to use.

Beds were OK, but single pillows for each person are not really adequate so I was counting my blessing for bringing my own pillow with me.

Air conditioner was too loud to leave it on when you sleep and was not efficient to cool down the room. Fridge in the room was a great touch but it would have been good to know that it has to be turned on before we brought the food to put into it.

Overall, the hotel is good value for money but not the greatest place for the holiday stay. Next time I will try a different place closer to the YNP.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Agnes L
Nuenen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We spend 2 nights here. The rooms are nice and spacious. The beds very comfortable. There is breakfast (toasts, cereals, waffels, milk, juice and coffee) included. The motel is a bit far from Yosemite, but in fact all motels in Mariposa are 1 hour drive to YNP. There is a very little pool at the motel, but we did not use it. One advise you better get a room on the second floor, as on the first floor you hear a lot of noise from the guests above.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here 1 night after a visit to Yosemite and was very happy with our stay! The rooms were spacious, clean, and had a lot of extra amenities (refrigerator, microwave, pool, hot tub). The room looked like it had been redone recently and was very nice. There was a large high def flat screen TV mounted on a rotatable bracket on the wall. There were HD channels available on the cable service. A nice free breakfast topped it off. If you want a cheaper alternative to staying within Yosemite, the Yosemite Inn is a good choice!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is a little complicated but here goes: I made a reservation with the Super 8 Motel in Mariposa months in advance. Unbeknownst to me, that Super 8 went out of business and their reservations were transferred to the Yosemite Inn of Mariposa. When I called to notify them my credit card had changed, the new owner, Yosemite Inn of Mariposa, told me that I no longer had a reservation. They cancelled my reservation because my old credit card was no longer valid, the very reason I was calling them. I asked why he hadn’t notified me first before canceling and he said it was not his responsibility. He wanted to push the blame to Super 8 for not telling me. To make a new reservation, the Yosemite Inn of Mariposa wanted to charge me considerably more than the original rate. Therefore, I made reservations elsewhere. If you deal with this property, I recommend that you exercise care in assuring that you don’t get taken advantage of.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Cedar Lodge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Way Station Motel
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Yosemite Inn? Share your experiences!