“Great value, great food”
Review of Savoury's

Savoury's
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Mariposa
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Savoury's is located on the corner of 6th Street and Hwy 140 in the heart of historic downtown Mariposa.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

You won't be disappointed if you chose this restaurant when you are in Mariposa. Food was delicious and very reasonable. Having had a wonderful dinner the previous night at the Charles Street Restaurant down the street from Savoury's, we were prepared for a letdown, but it never came. Food was on a par with Charles Street and quite a bit more reasonable.

3  Thank jduganmitzy

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Having eaten here during an earlier vacation my revisit to this restaurant was again very pleasurable.

This time I enjoyed a good Cosmopolitan cocktail and chipotle glazed chicken for dinner. The pannacota dessert was delicious as well.

Modern decor, friendly service and good and fresh food. What more do you want? If only the hotels in Mariposa could reach a standard as this restaurant in Mariposa I might come back more often. I really cannot understand why all hotels in this little town are quite basic and outdated. I think this restaurant is really a surprising and welcome change for travellers in Mariposa.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The ambiance in this restaurant is one of refinement. It was quiet and pleasant. The food was excellent, particularly the house made desserts. The menu is basic American with some original dishes. Savoury's is open only for dinner and is closed one night a week in the off season.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Now, I am a foodie. I have taken vacations just to sample food from various places. And this was a real treat.

We stopped here at the end of a long day in Yosemite valley. Savoury's was located in the tiny town of Mariposa. It was only a few minutes' walk from many very affordable hotels.

We arrived around 5pm on a Friday, with no reservations. It was not very crowded initially. Within the hour, however, the restaurant filled to capacity. The interior managed to be both comfortable and classy.

We ordered the bacon wrapped dates as our appetizer, which, though few, were delicious.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that most of the entrees come with soup/salad, pilaf/potatoes, and a vegetable. I ordered the blackened New York steak, which was perfectly seasoned and excellently cooked to order. My friends ordered the ginger, cilantro, and shrimp linguini. I tried it as well and it was very tasty.

The service was perfect and friendly.

Overall, it was completely reasonably priced for good portions of excellent food! I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Gabe A
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Ambiance was nice, staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good. I had a sesame chicken salad - chicken was well cooked, not 'over' cooked as many places do. My husband enjoyed the Apricot Glazed Porterhouse Pork Chop.

1  Thank freedom212121