“Hidden gem close to Yosemite NP”
Review of Savoury's

Savoury's
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Mariposa
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Savoury's is located on the corner of 6th Street and Hwy 140 in the heart of historic downtown Mariposa.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had an early (5:30 pm) Sunday dinner with the family (2 parents, 3 adult kids) after a day in Yosemite. Choose Savoury's because of Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed: Excellent food, reaonable pricing, nice wine list with affordable local wines , friendly and competent service. Would visit again, if in the area.

1  Thank Austrian_Traveller10
There are newer reviews for Savoury's

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel clerk.We arrived at 6:45 and were promptly seated in a booth. We were given water and menus our waiter came soon after to take our drink order.He returned and discussed the specials. I decided on the herb roasted chicken with rice and green beans.my sister ordered roast duck with mashed potatoes and beans.both meals came with soup or salad.i ordered caesar salad . My sister ordered the bean soup. Everything was cooked well and delicious . The only thing that could have made it better was if we had gotten our bread before our meal to eat with our salad, however we were almost done before we had to remind waiter that we did not get our bread. He was very apologetic and brought it right away.the bread was very good as well. We decide to order dessert blackberry chocolate mousse and bread pudding.every thing was done well. My sister had a vanilla lemon drop martini and a Sonoma Cabernet both very good.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Savory's is without doubt (my opinion, obviously) one of the very best restaurants in the Mother Lode. In historic Mariposa, Savory's stands apart by its cosmopolitan casual interior and "simple, fresh dishes." It fits the bill for a very good dinner while exploring the gold country or Yosemite National Park, and it's a top choice for locals enjoying a first-class evening out.
I refrained from going there for a couple of years because I had heard it was so noisy that a conversation was difficult. But we were seated in the windowed corner section (a half dozen tables) where it was quiet and we could watch the tourists strolling past Mariposa's historic buildings. The larger interior dining room is appealing, with some comfortable booths along the walls, but a walk through confirmed it is a bit noisy as reputed. The food was top drawer, a fine selection of steaks, lamb, seafood and pasta...most priced under $20. I had a duck breast with cranberry chutney and greatly look forward to ordering it again. In tourist season I'd make a reservation for sure.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I would have never expect such a chic restaurant in Mariposa, but there it was. The food was very good, the service impecable, I really enjoyed while waiting with a great glass of wine at the bar. The atmosphere is great and if I could I would repeat.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food here is fine dining quality in an excellent but casual atmosphere. The prices are moderate considering the quality. Dishes are created, not just served. I have been here several times and the food is consistently excellent.