“Congenial Atmosphere & delicious dinner”

Charles Street Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Mariposa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Charles Street Dinner House was a great experience and I would go back in a heartbeat.My brother, SIL and I were greeted by the friendliest hostess ever and even though we had a 15 minute wait for a table, it was well worth it. My bro & SIL had the signature prime rib and a steak, which both were done to perfection. My opah (tender white fleshed fish) was lovely with a burre blanc sauce accompanied by delicious wild rice. We could not have been happier.

1  Thank grandmalinda54

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome, with a superb meal to follow. If we would have been more nights in Mariposa we will go back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Both my friend and I ordered the salmon so I can only speak to that entree. We found it delicious. The salad dressings were made on-site and very good also. The staff very friendly. After the hostess seated us, one of the serves came over and I said you two look alike and she confirmed they were sisters, plus their Mom is also a server there. So it is a family affair, but they aren't the owners. The wine from the local winery was delicious also. We ordered a Zinfandel and also had a glass of Moscato. Very comfortable and friendly place. I would definitely recommend this place for at least one meal.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A wonderful place to enjoy excellent prepared food. Generous portions with cordial friendly service. They have an onion soup that is the best I have ever tasted. I highly recommend making this a restaurant to enjoy a great lunch.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As soon as you went through the doors you were made to feel very welcome. The service was great and the food amazing. My husband and I had the "baked potato soup" to start. I cook a lot of soups back home in Australia but hadn't come across this one, they kindly gave me the recipe to do when I got home. A really enjoyable evening

1  Thank Yeronga