“Very average with pretty poor service ”

Charles Street Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Mariposa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

7 of us visited recently while staying at a local AirBnB on a family vacation after making a reservation earlier in the day. Waited about 5 minutes to be seated by the hostess who apologized for not having enough menus to go around saying ‘Don’t blame me, blame the manager’. She then said ‘Sorry about the flies. They come in whenever the door is opened’. Well, I’ve been in quite a few restaurants - the majority of which have had a door - and they seem to have figured out how to keep flies out. Food was ok. Pretty much what you’d expect in a small town steakhouse. Avoid the steak salad however. It comes with a strange relish all over the top which was nasty. Not a lot of options locally but overall I think you can do better than this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I had the lobster/steak special for 2 and it was devine. The lobster was a generous sixe and the steak was melt in your mouth. The wait staff wete faultless and friendly. We also had two alcoholic beverages with our meal. I would definitely come back. Recommend this little beauty.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The fettuccine alfredo with lobster was excellent and they make their own pasta! We also had the chicken cordon bleu which was very good. The kids had hamburgers which are made from choice cuts of meat. Atmosphere was relaxing and service was excellent. I highly recommend making reservations ahead of time. Would definitely eat here again on our next trip!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Looked over the menu on the outside of the building prices seem to be on the high side but decided it may be a good quality meal so I was willing to spend the $50-$100 for a nice dinner. When inside right away the hostess look me up and down because I was not dressed up and carrying a motorcycle helmet then she went to seat me in the farthest back corner of the restaurant and at a table small enough to be a child’s table when I asked her if I could have the table next to it that was larger she said oh no those tables are taken for other guest, mind you this was around 5 o’clock in the afternoon and the place was pretty empty she insisted that I could not have a larger table so I told her that’s OK I’ll just go somewheres else. You would think at those kind of prices they would be a little nicer to their guest. Not waste my time or money on this establishment

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Good quality food, a bit pricey. Food is out of the ordinary, good combinations of different flavors. Excellent onion soup as appetizer.
The service was so and so, too fast in cleaning up, looked they were in a rush. 2nd night they messed up when we walked in and let us wait in the unknown whether table was available without having a reservation, which turned out after 15min not to be the case for another hour. After a day of hiking and being hungry, that was not nice.