When I booked this hotel, I wanted a reasonable rate at a location near Yosemite. I was looking for a small town feel with restaurants, a church, etc.. Hubster wanted eggs on the breakfast buffet. We got exactly what we expected. I can't give this locale five stars because the internet was horrible. We don't typically use WiFi much on vacation, but, because there was no cell phone tower to support our plan, we needed to Skype with family back home. The poor WiFi turned it into a comedy of errors. Family was never sure if we were checking in after a long day hiking or calling from the belly of bear who'd eaten us. Honestly, they could have hung up the phone and just opened the window and heard us yelling "We're back and fine! Great day!"
The positives - our check-in experience was smooth and easy. We did a special through Olotels and there were no problems or hiccups.The egg patties at the breakfast met hubster's needs and he was happier than happy. Staff were friendly and warm and gave us lots of great advice re hikes, weather, restaurants, etc. We went to church across the street and strolled through Mariposa most evenings. If you plan to spend a lot of time in Yosemite Valley, this is your locale. The drive in is stunning. If you'd prefer to access Yosemite through the South entrance and go to Glacier Point, Oakhurst would be preferable. (We went in that way two days of our trip.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on "All weather" Hwy 140 in Mariposa, CA., The Best Western - Yosemite Way Station is about 40 miles outside of the west entrance to Yosemite National Park and the valley floor. All of Yosemite is easily accessible from this location. Mariposa is a quaint "1850's gold rush" town that offers excellent dining, shopping and a historical view into the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yosemite Way Station Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Mariposa
- Mariposa Best Western