Check in was OK but not the friendliest. The hotel has three floors and no elevator but is built into a hill so you only need to walk up one flight of stairs to get to any room. Most of the parking is in the back and it can get prett busy. Our room was a “deluxe” king but I don’t know what was deluxe about it except for the large headboard and a sofa. The sofa was showing its age a little bit and the bathroom and vanity area were also not impressive. The bed was comfortable enough and I slept well and the AC worked fine and wasn’t to noisy. The internet was awful, very slow and non-responsive; there were some Google Street View folks staying in the hotel and it must have driven them absolutely bonkers. The bathtub had new fixtures but the hole in the tub where the faucet went was larger than the faucet and the hole looked like it had been chipped out with a screw driver - pretty nasty looking. The same was also true for the tub overflow. They had an opaque green shower curtain that didn’t let much light through so it made the shower experience dismal. They have a large breakfast area in a room on the side of the property near the pool. They need all the space as there are a lot of people enjoying breakfast (and lots of children running around). The coffee was very weak and not worth drinking but the juices were OK. They had two waffle makers, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereals and pastries. The cereal choices were great and they had my favorite: Raisin Bran Crunch. The hotel had great recycling as they let me put all my papers in their recycling dumpster. Being close to Yosemite, the hotel is more expensive than it is worth but you have to pay for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on "All weather" Hwy 140 in Mariposa, CA., The Best Western - Yosemite Way Station is about 40 miles outside of the west entrance to Yosemite National Park and the valley floor. All of Yosemite is easily accessible from this location. Mariposa is a quaint "1850's gold rush" town that offers excellent dining, shopping and a historical view into the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yosemite Way Station Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Mariposa
- Mariposa Best Western