1,150 results
All reviews western hotels an hour waffles sausage breakfast room in town free breakfast separate building staff was very friendly and helpful small town shops and restaurants room was clean and comfortable national park nice breakfast san francisco road trip happy burger
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This is a nice hotel with excellent breakfast near Yosemite. It is a little pricey but that is to be expected in this area. The room itself was large but the furniture other than the bed was very uncomfortable. The desk chair felt like it would tip over backwards when I sat in it. My only complaint was the front desk staff really didn't care if they got our business or not. They are sold out most of the time and they obviously don't need our business. The day before we were due to arrive, the hotel put through the charge for over $500 (3 nights). that would be fine, but the credit card company flagged it as possibley fraudulent and waited to hear from us before they cleared it. We were in Yosemite with no mobile phone service, so didn't know anything about it. Later that day, we got an unfriendly email from the hotel saying that the charge was denied (it wasn't) and that if we didn't fix it right away, we could just find different accommodations. I still had no mobile service so had to borrow someone's phone to iron things out. The other thing I didn't realize is how long it takes to drive from the hotel to the park. I knew it was 45 miles away, but I didn't know it takes up to 2 hours to drive that 45 miles. My suggestion is to take the public transportation YARTS.

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dylan S, Manager at Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The staff at this hotel was fantastic. The hotel is older so all the rooms have to be enter from the outside. The rooms have been updated and are large and have a sitting area. The hotel is near a creek with a walking trail. The location is close enough to town that you can walk to dinner and shops in town. The breakfast area was large and the people taking care of it were the best. Next time I am in the area I will be staying here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Charles M

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Very nice people at the recection. The hotel is very confortable, nice breakfast and nice swimming pool and services. We had a little problem with the refrigerator and they solve it quickly. Nice place to stay for Yosemite.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We booked this room at the last minute so we could visit Yosemite. They accomodated us with a quiet, upper level room, as we requested. This motel was easy to find, you could walk to food or to see the town if you wanted to. It was clean, staff friendly, breakfast good/clean area. We'd stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Paul P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Dear Lisa. What a great review!!!!! I hoped you found our free hot breakfast, it is one of the very best in the Yosemite area.

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I will share your wonderful review with my staff. We are doing a refresh on all our rooms and hotel.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

My name is Danny Baker, CHA. and I am the new general manager here, so as I recently started, I am answering some of the reviews that had been missed.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Danny Baker, CHA.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We spent a night at this hotel on our way to Yosemite. We booked at very short notice as the park was closed due to the wildfires and we needed somewhere to stay the night before the park opened. The hotel is basic but was fine for an overnight stay on the way to Yosemite. It has a pool and a laundromat, which was convenient. It also offers a basic breakfast. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Hannah and Skye recommended a restaurant (Charles Street) for steak - the food was excellent, thank you!

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the main road.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family