“Pretty good”
Review of Miners Inn Motel

Miners Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at Miner's Inn for three nights. The folks were nice. The nights were quiet. We had all the amenities we needed and everything worked fine. It seemed safe and one night I noticed a police car patrolling the parking lot. Mariposa seems like a great town. People are super friendly. There are a lot of places to shop and they've even got a small local brewery tap room. The lady at the Chamber of Commerce was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Yosemite Valley is about an hour and a half away, in real life rather than google world. Back to the inn, the rooms face the parking lot. There was some noise on the weekend when rooms filled in, but it was surprisingly negligible. We had a rear slider that faced the bank drive-thru, not a nice view but so what. It's a well-kept few stars kind of place. It's located close to all nearby businesses. I would stay at Miner's Inn again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank suecag
There are newer reviews for Miners Inn Motel

Reviewed 1 December 2013

the room was spacious and super clean, we had the best night sleep ever, and a great shower too. Wifi is included.
Breakfest was delicious and the staff was super nice, friendly and attentive.

The motel is very close to Yosemite Valley.
I would come back to stay again as soon as i can :)

Room Tip: ask for a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My family and friends stayed at the Miner's Inn Motel when we attended a wedding nearby in Ahwahnee. We were pleasantly surprised to find such nice, clean rooms with Wifi, microwaves and refrigerators. It was recommended to us by one of the local residents. And the Miner's Roadhouse restaurant right there on the premises was excellent for dinner, which after a long day on the road we were very thankful for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

nice clean room and the best brekky! walked the town as got in the eve. very cheerful staff. the best of the 3 we stayed at and good value. walked to the happy burger and they had a great salad bar for like 6 bucks. good malt too. thanks to the TA review this came as promised!! only caveat is the windy road down 49. but thast was a trip too. stayed in the valley and recommend that. get reservations !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Comfortable room, clean. Breakfast was good but not exceptionnal.
No Wifi in the room, neither in the lobby if you own an Iphone (!) And don't expect any solution: "Ah it's an iphone? it doesn't work with Apple!"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Miner's Inn for our 4 year wedding anniversary on a trip to YNP. I booked the room directly and thought it was a very reasonable rate for the area. They had a section where you could indicate any special requests, so I mentioned it was our anniversary if they had any rooms with more privacy. The room that they put us in was wonderful! We had a little private balcony that we ate at in the morning (the breakfast room was overcrowded). The bed was comfortable and there was a fireplace- just a real treat.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They sent us to a restaurant down the street where they offered guests a discount- it was very good. I believe it was called 1850- very good food and service. The breakfast at the Inn was very good with a waffle bar- lots of toppings to choose from. It was a really nice touch.

We plan to stay at the Miners Inn again the next time we visit YNP. It was a great value and a great location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I found this hotel just by chance when looking for something to stay overnight with my wife on the way to Yosemite. I have to admit that I selected it for its killer price, so I wasn't expecting much. I didn't know the town either... Mariposa.... Well... how bad it could be to stay just one night...
I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived to the town at dusk of a tiresome day. The small town of Mariposa was small enough to be one picturesque Western town, but it didn't lack the basic comfort of modern life. It was indeed very picturesque and nice to stay at least one full day (there are a few activities around). It is located at about 25 mi. away from the South entrance of the Yosemite park.
The hotel was an even better surprise. The reception was ample, well lit, very neat, with a small shop inside. It served as the breakfast room in the morning, serving one of the best breakfasts I enjoyed in this trip (which took us to LA, LV, SF and other smaller towns). The room was also by far the best. Not only spotless but also quite big, with a 3 ft table and two nice armchairs, a comfortable king size bed and flat screen TV. There was also WiFi, but the connection speed was poor. The bathroom had a spa bathtub! (I didn't try it).
There are a couple of extra shops sharing the same property, including a restaurant and a bank. There is a gas station across the street, a minimart 200 ft away and a Burger King at just one block.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 146. I have no idea whether if the other rooms are that good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gustavo B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
#3 of 6 in Mariposa
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites

Been to Miners Inn Motel? Share your experiences!